News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I really CAN hear you, now...

Started by Jester, May 05, 2010, 11:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Actually, my hearing is still very keen, but the title seemed cute as an intro. to my finished 532A/B.  This set is interesting for many reasons.  It is a color set in moss green.  It is all 1957 with dark gray cords.  And the plastic parts & cords are dated 3/57 or I 57, but the electricals, base & dial are from 9/57.  The only part missing was the mounting cord.  The seller included a replacement that is not original WE.  I happened to have one on hand, so that is what I used. Does anyone recognize what the seller sent me?
Stephen

JorgeAmely

Very nice. When can we do a 532 to 532 to 332  test conference call? (Texas to Californy to Michigan)  ;D
Jorge

Kenny C

WOW :o :o :o that is what I call a phone. Beautiful
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Very nice phone...
Boy those gray handset cords really set a phone off.

The cord looks like a dc power cord of some kind.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Yeah I was thinking that as well D/P about that cord. 

What a purty phone!  Geepers it's nice.  And it's got the volume control as well, very very nice. 

AET

Looks great!  Much better than my moss green 500 with volume control, handset style.  The gray cords look great with the moss green!!
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Very nice, Stephen....beautiful telephone.

Dan/Panther

Stephen;
Now I remember where I saw a cord like that. A few years ago I purchased an electric wench from Harbor Freight. The cord that went to the hand control looked like that but it was black.
D/P

HobieSport

D/P:

They sell electric wenches at Harbor Freight now?
Why wasn't I told this sooner?

Apologies, D/P, Jester, and others on this thread, but I just can't resist this bit off-subject humor. Sorry.

But you left it wide open, D/P, and thank you for dropping the "r" in the spelling or "wrenches" and this opportunity for an intermission of what I hope is just silly humor.

I do have some basic questions about the electric wenches:

1. Do they include an easy to read manual that is not translated poorly?

2. Do you have to plug them in? What kind of batteries? Do they have an on/off switch?

3. Can they be programed to say: "The reason that I love you so much is because I love your appreciation of classic mid-last-century telephones?

4. Can they smile convincingly, with real honesty? Do they know how to cook a perfect broccoli? I am also a cook, and am glad to do so, but when I ask them what they want for dinner, might they say "120 volts for two hours and a can of 30 viscosity oil"?

5. Do they ever go haywire, (for example if I cross the red and green wires to the incorrect terminals) and suddenly get all moody and then demand an immediate marriage and then a divorce, as she runs off with my previously trusted family lawyer, with my entire phone collection?

6. Do they ever spontaneously explode?

7. Do they have a any kind of guaranty or warranty?

8. Are they programed to just agree with everything that I say, or are they more interesting as good conversationalists and have real opinions of their own?

9. How much do they cost?

10. Can you ever find them on Ebay as 1948 prototypes?

Enough. I don't mean to "hijack" this thread. I just couldn't resist.

-Matt

paul-f

Quote from: JorgeAmely on May 06, 2010, 12:01:50 AM
Very nice. When can we do a 532 to 532 to 332  test conference call? (Texas to Californy to Michigan)  ;D

Wonderful phone!

An amplified set theme conference call might be interesting.  It could also include 535s and numerous models with G6, G66 and G8 handsets.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Phonesrfun

I have had an electric wench for years.  I must say, she performs flawlessly... ::)
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Paul:

Please refresh my mind: what is a 535?

Jorge

Craig T

Great phone and like new condition. That was a great purchase!

paul-f

Quote from: JorgeAmely on May 06, 2010, 06:30:24 PM
Paul:

Please refresh my mind: what is a 535?

You can find brief description of several 532-style variations here:
   http://www.paul-f.com/we500typ.htm#532

These were only made for a few years before the G6, G7 and G8 came out -- obsoleting them.  532s are somewhat difficult to find and the others are very difficult to find.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

Quote from: HobieSport on May 06, 2010, 05:53:53 PM
D/P:

They sell electric wenches at Harbor Freight now?
Why wasn't I told this sooner?

Apologies, D/P, Jester, and others on this thread, but I just can't resist this bit off-subject humor. Sorry.

But you left it wide open, D/P, and thank you for dropping the "r" in the spelling or "wrenches" and this opportunity for an intermission of what I hope is just silly humor.

I do have some basic questions about the electric wenches:

1. Do they include an easy to read manual that is not translated poorly?

2. Do you have to plug them in? What kind of batteries? Do they have an on/off switch?

3. Can they be programed to say: "The reason that I love you so much is because I love your appreciation of classic mid-last-century telephones?

4. Can they smile convincingly, with real honesty? Do they know how to cook a perfect broccoli? I am also a cook, and am glad to do so, but when I ask them what they want for dinner, might they say "120 volts for two hours and a can of 30 viscosity oil"?

5. Do they ever go haywire, (for example if I cross the red and green wires to the incorrect terminals) and suddenly get all moody and then demand an immediate marriage and then a divorce, as she runs off with my previously trusted family lawyer, with my entire phone collection?

6. Do they ever spontaneously explode?

7. Do they have a any kind of guaranty or warranty?

8. Are they programed to just agree with everything that I say, or are they more interesting as good conversationalists and have real opinions of their own?

9. How much do they cost?

10. Can you ever find them on Ebay as 1948 prototypes?

Enough. I don't mean to "hijack" this thread. I just couldn't resist.

Matt;
Sorry to disappoint you, it's not an Electric WENCH, it's just a vibrator.
D/P

#1-No
#2-On/Off switch 12 volt battery.
#3-Just programmed to hum :o :o :o
#4-They require a full charge, That about leaves you out for the all night lifting up, and letting down..
#5-If you reverse the polarity it becomes AC/DC in stead of strictly DC.
#6-I have had them stick in the up position.
#7-They have been known to burn out, from the same up and down motion too often. If that happens you'll need a new one. They can't be fixed.
#8-They have mood swings, sometimes they are up, and sometimes they are down.
#9-If not careful, everything you own.
#10-I prefer the newer models.

D/P ;D

I guess spell checker doesn't understand content !