News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

King Tut

Started by Greg G., December 25, 2012, 01:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Anita and I went to see the King Tut exhibit today at the Pacific Science Center downtown. Pretty awesome, but I was expecting to see or hear something about the donkey Steve Martin said he was buried with. Turns out it was poetic license, no donkey, only animal was a statue of Anibus, the jackal-headed god of embalming.  I've been driving Anita nuts with my impersonation of Steve Martin doing his King Tut bit.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/king-tut/1037261/
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Brinybay:

The Original "Off Topic" area is still there for "everything else" that doesn't fit the specific "Topic's" of the 6 child board groups at the top of the "Off Topic" Board. There are 17 pages of uncategorized "Off Tpoic" discussions there still.

I just moved you to the "Everything Else Off Topic" place.

Was the show good? And was it Christmas Day or Christmas Eve?

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 25, 2012, 01:28:12 PM

Was the show good? And was it Christmas Day or Christmas Eve?

Terry

24th.  We saw the Imax movie about Egyptian mummies, then saw the exhibit.  It's eerie to think that you're looking at something that existed 3000 years ago.  It included artifacts from other Pharaohs as well.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e