News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

North Galion won't break dial tone

Started by Doug Rose, June 13, 2012, 04:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I always have trouble with a North Galion. Rings, conversation is perfect, can't dial out. What have I missed. I don't have one with this setup. Any help is greatly appreciated. I been moving wires and getting confused. The red on the dial on left is from the handset cord....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

It does not look like it is wired according the the diagram on the condenser.  The red from the handset cord should be connected to the "R" terminal on the coil.  The red wire from the dial should be connected to "L1" on the coil.  The white wire which goes to the dial should be moved to the terminal next to it which currently has nothing on it.  The outer two dial terminals are not used.

Larry

Doug Rose

Larry...I had it that way. I went back and nothing. I swapped out the dial and voila!!! Bad dial....thanks for all your help....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

Dial pulse contacts look bent.  Did you check them?
-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

Bill is right.  The pulsing contacts are bent.  It should be a simple matter to bend them back.  This dial is a Signal Corps dial.  It has the extra pair of normally closed contacts - WE style.

Larry