News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blummin' British weather!!!

Started by twocvbloke, April 03, 2012, 01:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I dunno, last week it was sunny with 20+ degrees celsius weather, and today, it's snowing like nobodies business, at least up here in the wild north of England (though scotland's had it worse!!)... :o

It's already a couple of inches thick in places here, and it's still falling, the weather has just gone from one extreme to the other in the past week.... ::)

A pic out the front of our house from a couple of hours ago:

twocvbloke

And I took this picture just now, those are the phonelines for us and our neighbours, that snow is sticky stuff if it's staying attached to them, goodness knows what it's doing to the power lines (well, we know it's causing power dips cos the lights keep dipping and the TV keeps cutting in and out!!) in the background there (the 5 parallel overhead cables).... :o

Owain

A week ago it was the warmest March on record.

Now it's 4+ inches of snow in Aberdeen and Inverness areas.

We could have hosted the summer Olympics before the winter Olympics and at much the same time.

DavePEI

Quote from: Owain on April 03, 2012, 05:04:23 PM
Now it's 4+ inches of snow in Aberdeen and Inverness areas.

That's the weather we had a week ago in Maritime Canada. Don't worry, it, too shall pass!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

canuckphoneguy

We've had the same kind of weather here in SW Ontario too. Super warm March - 20+ degrees for a couple weeks. Now it's cooler again, but not snowing, thank goodness.

England's a place I really want to visit someday, despite the weather.  ;D

gpo706

Quote from: canuckphoneguy on April 03, 2012, 05:46:09 PM
We've had the same kind of weather here in SW Ontario too. Super warm March - 20+ degrees for a couple weeks. Now it's cooler again, but not snowing, thank goodness.

England's a place I really want to visit someday, despite the weather.  ;D

If you want real weather, visit Scotland, "The weather in Scotland means you have just worn the wrong clothes that day..."

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

dsk

Not always like this, -2 this morning, and a max of 6 deg C yesterday, but the weather is nice in the southern part of Norway.

dsk

HarrySmith

The weather report this morning here in South Florida was the same as always, sunny & hot!!
Almost 90 degrees every day! Always green. Very boring!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DavePEI

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 04, 2012, 08:06:14 AM
The weather report this morning here in South Florida was the same as always, sunny & hot!!

All of Northerners feel so sorry for you, Harry! What a crying shame it is that your weather has been so bad. :D
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Well, yesterday's snow is melting away now, so it's a sloppy mess out there, and the guttering out the front is coming loose (well, more loose than it was!!!), so I'm just waiting for that to fall off and tear the TV aerial and satellite dish off the wall... ::)

The landlord hasn't exactly been bothered about looking after the house they own, there's so much that is getting more expensive for them to fix, but it's their loss... :D

Owain

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 04, 2012, 08:06:14 AM

90 degrees? I melt into lethargic uselessness at 72!!!

twocvbloke

Quote from: Owain on April 04, 2012, 09:25:30 AM90 degrees? I melt into lethargic uselessness at 72!!!

Depends on the humidity though, last year the humidity on some of the hotter days back when we were in Lancashire was pretty low, so 25+ degree heat (In modern simplified english, or "celsius"!!! :D ) was pretty comfortable, but 20 degrees with high humidity was unbearable, and it was the same in the winter, temperatures below -10 and low humidity, absolutely not a problem, I went for a few walks in that, but -1 and high humidity, too darned cold for me!!! :o

Gotta love humidity eh? :D

And speaking of winter, the snow's all but gone here, just the piles from stuff scraped off cars and what fell off roofs (some complete with guttering for some unlucky people) remaining, it's gone as fast as it came... :D

canuckphoneguy

Norway's another place I'd like to visit! Beautiful pictures - are those from your home? Looks awesome there!

Quote from: d_s_k on April 04, 2012, 03:31:29 AM
Not always like this, -2 this morning, and a max of 6 deg C yesterday, but the weather is nice in the southern part of Norway.

dsk

dsk

No, This is the view from our family's cabin, not far from Lyngør.   http://tinyurl.com/c62wwv7

The cabin is a little oldfashion with the facilities in the shed  ;D but a nice place for recreation.

You are welcome to Norway, many fine places, long distances, bad roads, expensive, and not you cant trust the weather.  (I want move!)

dsk