News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Useing a 302 subset on a SC 1197-a

Started by Pourme, September 06, 2017, 08:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

The idea is to make the SC 1197-a function as a extension for my SC 1212.
I used the wiring diagram diagram found in the base of the 1197 as a guide. The subset rings when promoted by the 1045a without the 1197 wired into it. After the 1197 is wired into it, everything works, dial tone, modulation and I can answer calls, but it don't ring.

I didn't have a properly color coded four conductor wire to test with so I used what I have:

Blue = Blue
Green = Green
Orange = Red
Brown = Yellow

I did a search to see if there were any variations discussed in previous threads to no avail. Perhaps the 302 isn't compatible with the SC 1197-a?

Thanks in advance!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

It is hard to tell for sure but it appears the black ringer wire is attached to the ground block. If so move the black ringer wire to L2.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 06, 2017, 09:14:15 AM
It is hard to tell for sure but it appears the black ringer wire is attached to the ground block. If so move the black ringer wire to L2.

Thanks Harry, I thought I tried that last night, my brain was fuzzy by then. I just now tried it again, it didn't work.
Benny

HarrySmith

Looks like 2 black wires were there, did you move the correct one? Here is a topic on wiring 302's, this should help: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=890.0
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

I am reading this from the waiting room of the dentists office... I'll have another look when I get home. :)
Benny

HarrySmith

Have fun with the dentist! There should not be any black wire on that ground. The only wire that should be there is the unused yellow one, strictly as a tie point.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 06, 2017, 11:33:03 AM
Have fun with the dentist! There should not be any black wire on that ground. The only wire that should be there is the unused yellow one, strictly as a tie point.

When using a 302 base as a subset, then the GND terminal is the same as the BK terminal in a 684A subset: one black capacitor wire + one wire to the phone. (The yellow line cord wire is not used.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 06, 2017, 09:14:15 AM

This would place the ringer directly across L1 and L2, which would busy out the line. The black ringer wire and the slate condenser wire should be on K, just as in a 302. The red ringer wire goes to L1.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

Quote from: poplar1 on September 06, 2017, 12:18:25 PM
This would place the ringer directly across L1 and L2, which would busy out the line. The black ringer wire and the slate condenser wire should be on K, just as in a 302. The red ringer wire goes to L1.

Correct. Sorry, I was thinking 500 wiring! OOPS!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

That did it, Popular1! I moved my blue wire and condenser wire to gnd.
Now use a better wire and install!.... Thanks Harry and Populat1!
Benny