News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Olive Green 2-73 WE 500, In my home town with complete dial card

Started by c64man, February 10, 2014, 10:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c64man

So I was in my hometown visiting family and stopped at an estate sale and stumbled acrossed this

a Feb 73 WE 500,  complete with matching olive green line cord and 4 prong plug.    Has the dial card with the 517 Area code and the 772 Prefix which was the first prefix for Mount Pleasant MI when they went to 7 digit dialing.   Neat one to add to the collection.  Not bad for 10 whole bucks. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67970316@N08/12449175325/

kleinkaliber

I love finding old local phones with the dial cards intact.

Contempra

paul-f

Nice!

You should easily be able to clean off the residue from the large number sticker that was once over the number ring.

Is the number sticker on the fingerwheel (not stuck to the number card)?  Have you looked at the number card underneath?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

TelePlay

Quote from: c64man on February 10, 2014, 10:44:16 PM
. . . stopped at an estate sale and stumbled acrossed this a Feb 73 WE 500,  complete with matching olive green line cord and 4 prong plug.

I've looked at this a couple of times now and can swear I've seen this phone somewhere else on the forum lately but can't remember where. Was it posted recently? I remember the white string across the finger wheel. If so, where?

Sargeguy

Nice.  I love local phones too.  My 38' 302 is from my hometown, the 37' is from the town next door, and my 40' is from the town I live in now.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409