News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who wants to be on C*NET?

Started by bellsystemproperty, April 02, 2010, 08:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Whew! :o Having just read this thread from start to finish, I have some newbie questions:

Is the Grandstream HT502 still a perfectly acceptable entry-level ATA to get onto C*NET?

<EDIT> I have a no Panasonic 616 PBX now (yet), but am still searching around the web for an affordable, easily configurable way to join in the C*NET fun, and talk to my many collector friends in distant places...
     I definitely need the pulse dial support, so am leaning toward this model.

Does anybody have / use /recommend the HT702 or 704 over the HT 502? I would be interested in hearing all sides of the coin.

I have a plenitude of routers, so the lack of one on the latter models is decidedly a non-issue.

Thanks, in advance!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Babybearjs

John

Greg G.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on June 19, 2012, 01:42:06 PM
The guy who hosts my C*Net did all the set-up and sent it to me already set up.  Therefore I did not have to do one iota of ATA set-up configuration.

I think that if we want to get more people onto C*Net, the process needs to be "dumbed-down" to the point where it is plug and play.  I don't mind admitting that I wanted the simple version and did not want to wade through a bunch of configuration parameters in hexidecimal formatted numbers and idiotic mnemonics.  :)

Yes, it does.  Especially if I can access C*Net by dialing into it directly w/o all that computer configuration, the main reason I do not want to mess with it.  I have for sale a LinkSys Broadband Router RTP300 with 2 phone ports, unlocked.  $10 plus shipping.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Fabius

I'm going to get set up for C-Net. At this point in time I'll hold of connecting to one of my switchboards to see if I can get the following to work. The internet goes into the ATA which will connect to my Panasonic 616 to which I'll connect a rotary phone such as a WECO 302. Not very exotic but will that work?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WesternElectricBen

I'm not sure about the switchboard, but you can plug it into your Panisonic unit. If you want to use it with a plain old 302, you will have to use it (c*net) as line 1.

Ben

Fabius

Incoming CO line 1?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WesternElectricBen

Although, I cannot remember, I think the only way to get to an outside line is by dialing 9. So, for example, I don't think you could dial 11 for line 3.

Ben

Phonesrfun

On a 616 you can override the outside line by dialing 8X instead of 9.  81 for CO line 1, 82 for CO line 2, etc.  So you can have C-Net on any incoming line.  When you dial 9 for the outside line the Panasonic will choose the first available non-busy trunk.
-Bill G

Fabius

I now have a relievable hi speed internet connection so I'm going to connect to CNET. Which ATAs are compatible with rotary service. I know the Grandstream HT502 is, any others? Thanks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Phonesrfun

The Motorola VT1005 that Shane Young provided me does just fine with rotary.
-Bill G

Fabius

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 29, 2014, 06:04:40 PM
The Motorola VT1005 that Shane Young provided me does just fine with rotary.

Thanks. I have a couple of that model I'm watching on eBay. I see that there is a VT1005V also. I assume that is for use with Vonage?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Phonesrfun

I think Phil McCarter had some Motorola VT1005V's not long ago.
-Bill G

Fabius

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 29, 2014, 07:30:29 PM
I think Phil McCarter had some Motorola VT1005V's not long ago.

Does the V indicate they are for use with Vonage?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Phonesrfun

I don't know.  Phil McCarter would know he is on this forum as Weco355aman.  Shane Young would also know but I don't think he posts here.

-Bill G

VintageTR

Quote from: gpo706 on July 18, 2010, 12:50:38 PM
Righty, found that "Linksys RTP300 BROADBAND Router VOIP 2 phone" on the bay same seller - refurbed.

So if I spend my last £20 on it, do I plug into my Pana 616 through a RJ11 to BT PSTN and thats my C-NET link on CO line 2?

I'm a bit intolerant when it comes to computer thingys.

I've also registered for C-NET so waiting for the email.

(I know how work email)!
Am I the only one who find post like this gibberish, is there anywhere that explains the acronyms used in this forum. it might as well be written in swahili, whats an ata i'm sure i know  by some other name