News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Are you so addicted you dream about rotary phones?

Started by AET, March 23, 2010, 04:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

My Mother was a telephone operator for a few years before she started having kids. She told me she always bought telephone related  baby toys for me when I was a baby. Maybe thats why I like telephones.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

southernphoneman

Adam

I used to be a telephone system installation/repair man, and it's been many decades, but I still occasionally have dreams which take place at or have to do with a phone job.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

WEBellSystemChristian

Here's an interesting dream I had last night.

My family was with me in Oklahoma City (I have ABSOLUTELY no idea why), and there were riots on every street we walked down. I noticed an old 3-story abandoned building (looked late 1800s) that was burned out and empty. We went inside and walked up to the top floor. It was completely empty inside, except for an old desk against the wall. When I walked over to the desk, I noticed some very rare phones, some of which never even could have existed! The few that I remember are a WE 208 keyset, an AE21 stick in mahogany, and a WE 20-AP stick. I somehow knew who the owner of the building was, and also knew that he was a seller on ebay. When I checked his site, he had just listed about 40 Field Trial 500s (like DP's set) for about $20 each. After purchasing every phone on his ebay page, we starting driving home. On the way home, I realized that I forgot to bring the phones on the desk, and started crying. ???

Then I woke up.

Pretty weird dream, but normal compared to the dreams I usually have... ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dan/Panther

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 23, 2010, 04:19:28 AM
I had the weirdest dream last nite that I had a multi-line 302 and was walking around everywhere with it for some odd reason.  And when I held the handset to my ear, you could hear past conversations on it.  It was a very peculiar and kind of spooky dream.

I know this is really old, but the dream may have had something to do with the lyric line about Wichita lineman, at the bottom of your posts.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Slal

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 24, 2010, 03:25:06 AM
I dream about phones all the time.  I'd only imagine what a shrink would say about that!

Have dream phones (still looking for certain AE models and a dark gray WE 500) but maybe fortunate not to have dreams about them.

As for shrinks, my job in applied research & clinical trials has me working with MDs & Ph.D's-- sometimes they're shrinks depending on the medicine.  Research also has acronyms for everything.

Here's one I made up for my hobby.

HABIT: "Human Acquisitional Behavior Involving Telephones"  : ) 

Babybearjs

Tom, are you sure you haven't seen my phone collection.... I've got plenty of multiline "302's" (as you put it..) 444, 445 440, and some 464's maybe you should have some of these.... they are getting harder to find because we've got them all.....
John

AE_Collector

Ahh we lost AtomicEraTom. One of our early young members. He hasn't been active here now for 6 years but I remember when he was still posting on CRPF. Maybe he will be back one day.

Terry

andre_janew

I dream about returning to the farm with the phone collection that I have today.

twocvbloke

I haven't really had dreams about phones, well, not finding them at least, occasionally having those dreams where it's ringing, you pick it up and it's still ringing, and turns out that a real phone is ringing and it's influencing my dreams, but, most of my dreams of finding things usually involve finding love, driving 2CVs and flying without any aircraft, but details are sketchy cos I forget most of 'em by the time I've gotten up...  ;D

AET

HI!!!

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 26, 2016, 01:12:42 AM
Ahh we lost AtomicEraTom. One of our early young members. He hasn't been active here now for 6 years but I remember when he was still posting on CRPF. Maybe he will be back one day.

Terry
- Tom

TelePlay

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on October 29, 2017, 11:13:05 PM
HI!!!

Welcome back!

It's been over 6 1/2 years.

Pick up any new phones over the years . . . ?

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"