News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Norwegian telephone?

Started by MagicMo, June 16, 2013, 02:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

I was given this phone from a friend that was moving, she said it was from Oslo? What is it? How come I don't see any bells in it? This thing smells nasty even after a good cleaning. Now, how do I put it back together to see if its all here?
Thanks
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

LarryInMichigan

That is indeed a Norwegian phone from Oslo, or at least a puzzle of one :D.  The gongs are apparently missing, and possibly other parts as well.  This should give you something to do when you are bored.

The shell and handset may be soft plastic, hence the smell.

Larry

MagicMo

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on June 16, 2013, 02:54:47 PM
That is indeed a Norwegian phone from Oslo, or at least a puzzle of one :D.  The gongs are apparently missing, and possibly other parts as well.  This should give you something to do when you are bored.

The shell and handset may be soft plastic, hence the smell.

Larry

I'm not that bored! LOL

LM Ericsson

I have one of those in the Ivory color.
Regards,
-Grayson

MagicMo

rdelius

there should be a wiring diagram on the side of the blue capacator.The gongs are a standard size about 2 1/2 dia

LM Ericsson

Regards,
-Grayson

dsk

You will find the circuit at the circuit page:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8478.0

The phone is a thermoplastic 1953 with quite equal characteristics to WE 302 but with a ringer of about 2 REN.

The dating may be difficult, but the transmitter may have a date. Wiring diagram should be glued to the (blue) capacitor.

dsk

Adam

Gotta love the backwards Oslo dial!
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

dsk

Quote from: Adam on June 17, 2013, 10:17:44 PM
Gotta love the backwards Oslo dial!
It works like a sharm.... in Oslo.
If you use a dialgizmo to dial on your line you may have to move the green wire from the dial to 2, depending on your line.

dsk