News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Throne Phone

Started by MagicMo, June 17, 2013, 02:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

I was at a relatives home helping out on a upstairs apartment. They have phone in every bathroom right next to the toilet. Anyone else have a throne phone? I can't imagine it is sanitary. I won't be making any call on this landline. Notice the pink throne for the princess.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

twocvbloke

I can't understand why people would have a phone by the throne, aside from the sanitary issue and the, er, "sounds of evacuation", there is also the issue of moisture and 100 volts ringing current that I wouldn't like to have go through me while I'm having a wee or the other duty when answering a call during the call of nature.... :o

But that said, I'd have thought that a throne phone would be best to be an actual throne phone, cos them chinese seem to make them for very little (meaning if it goes for a swim it's no loss!!! :D ), ad they come in matching colours for the suite in question... :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190810618338

WesternElectricBen

I talked to people in lancaster, mostly switchers have phones in every room so they have something to hook up their big switch to. Though I do not have a phone in the bathroom. Maybe we could rig up a hold button so... 

Ben

HarrySmith

I agree about not having a phone in the bathroom.
I also cannot understand people who sit on the toilet while talking on the cellphone :o I see, or more exactly, hear, it every day at work :o
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Phonesrfun

I worked for a company whose president had one in his private bathroom behind his office.  He refused to use it because of the tell-tale "noises".  That was back in the 1980's.  These days, with cordless and cell phones, it seems to be pretty common.  Some people just don't have any discretion.

I admit to using my cell phone on the loo, but if I finish my business before the call ends, I will at least wait to flush!   :o
-Bill G

DavePEI

You would need a phone with a tooter instead of a ringer. But how would you know then if a call was coming in... Might get a lot of false alarms! Better yet, use an explosion poof phone! :) OOPS. I mis-spelled that. Proof.

Wonder if "Exploding the Phone", by Phil Lapsley touches on this subject ;)

Thank goodness they haven't invented the smellophone yet!

Dave

Can you hear me now?
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

And while we're at it, I personally see no reason to drop whatever I'm doing, no matter how inconvenient, to answer the phone.  Leave a message!  That goes double at dinner time, nothing interrupts my chow!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

The only time I use my mobile phone while "on the job" is to browse the web and buy things on ebay, and only when sat down (I've never dropped a mobile down the throne, and I don't intend to ever do so!!), I certainly wouldn't answer it if it rang, there's nothing more important to me than using the loo, everything else can just wait... :D

gpo706

a colleague at work managed to drop an internal moblle down the khazi, (after she had flushed!) knowing I was phone buff she dried it off as best she could and rinsed it under a tap and brought it to me, when I dried out the battery compartment at the back it switched on, but the screen had a lovely water effect in front of the display, like a fishtank being oscillated from side to side.

I told her to take it to the switchboard to see if it could be "drained", needless to say it has never been seen since...
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: gpo706 on June 18, 2013, 06:31:49 PM
a colleague at work managed to drop an internal moblle down the khazi, (after she had flushed!) knowing I was phone buff she dried it off as best she could and rinsed it under a tap and brought it to me, when I dried out the battery compartment at the back it switched on, but the screen had a lovely water effect in front of the display, like a fishtank being oscillated from side to side.

I told her to take it to the switchboard to see if it could be "drained", needless to say it has never been seen since...

She could have put it in rice...