News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Can You Repair it??

Started by Babybearjs, January 30, 2016, 03:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK, heres the challenge.... I have a 562DH Keyset that was pulled from a 400 series phone as defective. someone had modified the unit at some time and I need someone whos good at soldering and understands how the unit was originally built to verify the connections and make the necessary adjustments. who can help me? The schematics that are surviving don't cover the unit in whole. the unit has 3B and 4B terminals that are NOT shown on any schematic, yet they are wired. (on other sets they are left untouched.) the A and K terminals are also soldered and normally they are left as spares... (reserved for the bell) has anyone had the experience with repairing these units, or am I wasting my time?
John

dsk

It is pretty easy to sit here so far away, and just say yes! So the most true answer will be probably, yes. The best way to do it would of-course be to have an unmodified unit and just copying everything. If it was mine, I'm pretty sure I would have solved it.

Being in Norway with no parts I have learned a little about how to solve such things. A lot of pictures and time and we should be able to you guide you trough. 

I would have looked at the diagrams here : http://tinyurl.com/zjbergc
and limited the repair to what functions I needed for using it.

As a display it will probably be OK as it is.
My guess will be the 565 diagram should be pretty close.  Regarding the ringer: A an K was not used in every configuration, and it may be more easy to hide an extra capacitor in the phone tan modify to much. 

Probably not the best answer, but at least an opinion.

Good luck.
dsk

Babybearjs

you are thinking about the newer phones.... this is the keyset out of a 460 series phone. the 562 part number is the old version of the 636 keyset that's in the 560 series phones... I hope I can find someone whos good at soldering this stuff....too delicate for me...
John