News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Holy Grail Of WE500 Sets

Started by Dan/Panther, October 11, 2014, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

You should probably upgrade the rum to French Cognac.

AE_Collector

Or at least Appleton, Mount Gay or Meyers.

Has anyone determined who bought it?

Terry

WesternElectricBen

I think the seller is on the forum and he said that he acquired the phone recently from an antique store.

Ben

TelePlay

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on October 12, 2014, 08:22:22 PM
I think the seller is on the forum and he said that he acquired the phone recently from an antique store.

Ben

Link ?

baldopeacock

D/P, I'm really sorry you didn't get this.   

Dan/Panther

Quote from: baldopeacock on October 12, 2014, 09:22:33 PM
D/P, I'm really sorry you didn't get this.   

Baldopeacock, Not to sound childish, but so am I. I just pray the phone is done justice.
I wish the party that won, if on here would keep us informed of it's progress.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

Does anyone know who won the 49 500 phone ?
I sure hope it doesn't just disappear into paranoia.
A phone like that needs to be shared with the forum, and any Restoration should be also.

D/P

Dan/Panther

If what I've heard is correct, we'll never see that phone again.
D/P

WEBellSystemChristian

Well, at least we can add one more field trial 500 to the list of known sets...

Sorry, Dan!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dan/Panther

I always try to maintain a level head when it comes to controversy, But I will say here and now. I dislike with a passion, people that buy into hobby for speculation only. They buy, hoard, wait to jack up the price them dump. It artificially inflate costs.
When I won the Field Trail set, I made it as much of a group adventure as I possibly could. The 49-500 will most likely never see the light of day, let alone get it's proper restoration, whether by myself or anyone else. I had a figure of $1200.00 for a highest bid, I don't know if that would have been enough, but I wish now I had changed to the higher bid.

D/P

baldopeacock

You'd have to have set up a last-second sniper bid, Dan, and then you still don't know if $1200 would have done it.    Deep pockets can win about anything they want.   

WEBellSystemChristian

It's annoying when some collector with pockets of gold throws a snipe at me on an ebay item that I want, but don't want to spend too much money on. Just the other day, I had a bid in for a beautiful yellow soft plastic 554 for $25, but someone sniped me up to $50! >:(

At least when I buy something unusual or special, I try to post here what I can, I make note of what I fix/replace, and I always try to show quality 'after' pictures.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dan/Panther

I will continue to seek a 49-500. One day it will proudly sit next to the 48 field trial set.  My hope is some day there will be a well funded and established permanent museum of communications that i can donate both sets to when I go to the big phone booth in the sky.

D/P