Main Menu

Fell Through the Cracks

Started by Doug Rose, September 12, 2019, 10:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

As usual...thanks for your expertise...Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

We all hope for the gem, but I just question a few things. On the second photo you can clearly see the outline of the banner on the handset, typically we collectors over polish our phones, they didn't really come that shiny, The bottom looks old, and the feet are worn, and the non date correct components.
A nice phone, but I do not think it's NOS.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Dan...you are correct. A paint job that is a 10, an absolute 10. Polene. Perfect...finger print shiny. Stunning...so disappointing!   :o

Base is dated 1/53 Coil  IV52. Back of dial 12/51. Transmitter 1 25 52, receiver 11-2-53. No markings on shell.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Still worth the $40....bummer  :'(  ...Doug

Kidphone

rdelius

Trans and res are NE. Still not a bad   deal good daily user

HarrySmith

That is an amazing paint job! Dates are pretty close, did you find a ringer with a close date? What about the handset? Is it NE or WE? Can you see if there are any markings under the paint? Definetly a good deal for a very pretty phone.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry...I will look tomorrow for some elements and a ringer to make it a 12 52. Looks Fabulous. The dial plate looks to be a NE with just the zero.

I am amazed by the paint, it is just superb. 

1 53 on the base, that is cool. 

It still is a letdown...Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Doug, to me any 302 is a great find.
Did not mean to take away from your find.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

You didn't Dan, you were just being honest, we don"t sugar coat it here! ...no worries my friend...Doug
Kidphone