News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vern's Place

Started by Vern P, February 04, 2010, 01:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Vern is, indeed a the real deal.  And what a place!

And Vern.....  Glad to hear from you again.  With the weather these days, you'll probably be all hunkered in for the winter.

-Bill G

stub

Vern,
         Great collection of phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wish I knew about your place when we came thru Utah several years back. I could have stayed in your town and took the grand tour.
                              Keep  " kissin them frogs "           stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Quote from: bwanna on November 30, 2010, 08:38:23 PM
holy mackrel! :o

Where? I saw everything but the kitchen sink and Mackrel in there somewhere.

Terry

Vern P

The kitchen sink is on the floor and not showen. The working sink is in the "Mens" room. The mackrel would be in the frige, (again not showen) but don't have room as that is were the pop and beer are at.

Yes they are COLD and offered to those that come visit Milo and her phones.

Vern P

AE_Collector

Hi Vern:

I didn't see a "less dial" AE 183 spacesaver either. You never did find that one in your travels.

Terry

George Knighton

Annoying new poster.

AE40FAN

Incredible...That phone booth is amazing!

Vern P

I have been asked "were did you find these" ? 

For the most part, these came from antique shop's, telephone shows, other collectors and from the wild.  By wild, I mean from newspaper ad's and word of mouth. Place an ad in the local newspaper or antique newspaper. You never know what you may find.

As for antique shop's. I hunt for them ALL when on the road.  I have found great stuff in the small Mom and Pop, shop next to their house, and also in big malls in the big city.

I found my WE #10 C/S in good size mall, for less then other's have paid in sale tax for theirs.  Also paid top price for stuff in a Mom and Pop shop. Yes, some has come from eBay too.
Yes I do feel that a collection can be build, today the old way too.

So get out and go to telephone show's, shop's and were ever.  Just don't sit a home and hope to find it on eBay.

Telephone shows and clubs are still the best place to find and leard about telephones. As other's enjoy the hobby, and enjoy shareing their knowage.

Bottom line.  You need to kiss a LOT of froges, to find that Prince.

Vern P.