News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1C2 doesn't dial.

Started by xhausted110, April 02, 2016, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xhausted110

I just picked up this 1C2 phone, and when I dial on it nothing happens. The dial tone is very low in volume, and the mouthpiece doesn't work.
- Evan

xhausted110

Almost forgot pictures.
- Evan

trainman

Move the modular plugs on the dial circuit board from the D to C positions. and move the handset connections and volume control wires over as well.

And on the totalizer, the box on the side of the coin chute, is a switch marked DTF or CF. make sure its in DTF mode.

This is a modified touchtone pad that was interchangeable between the C and D sets. It looks like it was previously installed in a D set. So, just move the plugs and connections over to the C column.

If you want an original style dial, I have a brand new in the box, ATT made dial already wired for the C set. Its the original WE style, with the old style hookswitch. It was made in the 90s, after production had shifted to Taiwan. if you want a spare, you can have it for 30.00, shipping included, assuming you're in the continental US.

xhausted110

Thank you! I figured it was something simple. It works great now. I'll think about buying the touchtone pad. Due to the shipshewana show, I've exhausted my phone budget for now.
- Evan

tanderson78

You mean I was supposed to stick to a budget while collecting telephones?  Its no wonder my wife is ready to divorce me!