News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Going Off-Line.

Started by Babybearjs, April 24, 2019, 03:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

OK John, is one the before picture and then the after?
KEN

Babybearjs

the before is when the system was mostly to the left... the after is when it takes up the whole closet! big difference! its nice to have the system done for now... trying to get the lights hooked back up was the hard part, the pairs were reversed and it was a hassle to untangle that mess... but I did it... got the incoming signal lines done last night and now all the lights work they way they are suppose to. its kind of neat to have like a Mini-Switchboard... all that's left is to wire in the pushbuttons... I'm going to have 2 of them wired as NC contacts and they will be for the VOIP lines (C*Net) as the system won't timeout on abandon calls as the VOIP system doesn't reset itself like the regular POTS line.
John

Key2871

So, about those toggles. What are they for?
I'm guessing the wooden box is like a busy lamp field kind-of thing??
KEN

AT2796

Pretty cool setup! I especially like the butt set in the corner!
Andy

Babybearjs

the toggle switches are ringer cut-off switches for certain extensions and the alarm panel  is a status panel... top row: busy-in use. second row is incoming call- buzzer signal. and the 3rd row is for the intercom... lamps glow when station is called. tied into the buzzer circuit. lamps 2-10 are active lamp #1 is not hooked up... lamps are tied to the "B" strip of the 207C KTU. :D Got the alarm panel on Ebay a few years back... paid about $20.00 for it... had to wire it my self... good buy. there is a 101G power plant on Ebay right now... so if anyone is looking.... don't need it... already have one...
John

Babybearjs

;D Well.... yesterday I got the porch phone working.... another extension wired and done! had a pair reversal on line 3 and discovered I had mis-wired that line inside the phone itself... all fixed now! hopefully today, I might be able to wire another extension! (that is if the wire is long enough...)
John