News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Automatic Electric 95

Started by compubit, May 27, 2018, 09:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

Since they don't come up too often, I grabbed a recent AE95 Panel Phone off of eBay for $19.99 plus shipping.

It will need some cleanup, as well as a new vinyl panel (picked up some adhesive-backed vinyl at Michaels tonight for $2.97 for a 24x48" roll, so I can make my own... - I do have a mint in box with a complete set of unused vinyl for a template).

Also, the switchhook will need a little work, as the pivoting pin is bent, and the contacts on the pileup don't engage properly when the switchhook is engaged...

I like the these - not as slick as the Western Electric with the retracting cord - but a nice phone, none-the-less.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

Pictures (3rd try...)
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

oldguy

Nice project phone Jim. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Gary

stub

Jim,
      The AE 95 in copper is nice also , plus you will need to get one in touch call also.  8) stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Jim are you sure the pin is bent and hasn't just worked it's way loose and is trying to leave the scene?

Terry

JorgeAmely

Hats off to you sir. Looks very nice!!
Jorge