News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What model of Stromberg-Carlson is this?

Started by Greg G., July 29, 2010, 02:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

And where would I find an appropriate dial card for it?  This belongs to my barber, I told him I would find a dial card for it.  It's a 302 look-alike.  Or is the dial center missing a cover?  It has a big fat screw right in the middle.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

I looks like a SC 1243 with an AE dial to me.  it looks like someone stuck a round piece of pa

jsowers

There's a metal piece that goes under the large dial screw and a black metal ring that mates with that piece. It holds the number card and a clear protector, similar to what's on a black WE 500 set. The ring locks into the metal piece. Here's how to remove it, and it should give you some idea how the pieces go together.

http://www.telephonecollectors.org/library/aeco/metaldials.pdf

My barbershop for several years in the 1990s had an AE50 Jukebox on the wall. Still connected and working since the 1950s.
Jonathan

Greg G.

Sounds like there's a piece missing then.  I'll have to get a better picture so we can tell for sure.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Brinybay on July 29, 2010, 02:57:38 PM
Sounds like there's a piece missing then.  I'll have to get a better picture so we can tell for sure.

Greg, here's what the assembly looks like on Adelle's listing on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/26hug9q

Your barber has the finger wheel and the large screw.  All he needs is the escutcheon (the thing at the bottom of the photo)  and a dial card retainer ring assembly.  Adelle often has those listed, usually a pair.  I have purchased complete dial card retainer rings from her, complete with an original card for about $10 plus shipping.

I'll look to see if I have an escutcheon.  I remember buying a couple (I only needed one).  Now where did I put it?

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on July 31, 2010, 02:30:56 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on July 29, 2010, 02:57:38 PM
Sounds like there's a piece missing then.  I'll have to get a better picture so we can tell for sure.

Greg, here's what the assembly looks like on Adelle's listing on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/26hug9q

Your barber has the finger wheel and the large screw.  All he needs is the escutcheon (the thing at the bottom of the photo)  and a dial card retainer ring assembly.  Adelle often has those listed, usually a pair.  I have purchased complete dial card retainer rings from her, complete with an original card for about $10 plus shipping.

I'll look to see if I have an escutcheon.  I remember buying a couple (I only needed one).  Now where did I put it?

Looks like I'll need the ring and clamping plate too.  I have an AE dial card and acetate cover.  

If anybody has a complete assembly (ring, plate, escutcheon) I can trade for a WE assembly.  I have a whole bag of them that came with the collection I just bought.  (You won't get the entire lot, just one for one).
- Mike Row
e

Kenny C

i have one with a broken number card ring one of the little  notches are broken bofbbfb but i have all of the other stiff
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Hey Greg,
I think I have a couple from the AE90's I have been building as I am replacing them with newer plastic fingerwheels. I will check my pile of parts tonight and let you know what I have.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Hi Greg,
Yes, I do have one complete. I will even throw in a copy of the AE dial card I use that you can cut to fit. Still want to trade?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 31, 2010, 07:06:26 PM
Hi Greg,
Yes, I do have one complete. I will even throw in a copy of the AE dial card I use that you can cut to fit. Still want to trade?

Sure, pm your address and vice-versa.  I don't need the dial card or acetate cover, I have a supply of repros I got from Old Phone Works.  
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"