News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE handset for auction

Started by FrankC, November 14, 2010, 02:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankC

okay, close your eyes, now, pick a WE handset, any handset, now bid on it, don't be concerned with what type it is, "nosey", just bid on it.
Does anybody have an idea of what this might be on ebay?  ???

http://tinyurl.com/22u4x25
Frank Conley

Tom B

I think it's a G handset. Could be wrong, but that's my bet.
Tom

Greg G.

These are the kind of ads that annoy me.  Several paragraphs on shipping, payment, and general griping, and only scant info on the item itself, with only one picture.  NOS, ok, that's good to know.  "Fresh from an estate", who cares?

I sent him a message asking to check the date stamps and where to find them.  I'm looking for parts to "de-refurbish" my 52-500 that was converted to mod with a beige cover and handset.  It's a 6-hole ear piece, so that's a plus.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

deedubya3800

Yeah, I'm going with G also, based on the shape of the handle and the relative size of the caps. G-what, I don't know. I'd almost bet G3, though. Almost. No clue, though, as to what kind of cord hole it has.

Phonesrfun

To some sellers a handset is a handset is a handset.  The confusing thing is that this seller has a lot of other phone parts.  He or she should know that there are differences that are important to collectors. 
-Bill G

Greg G.

It didn't sell, and apparently it's a later model:

Quotehello. this particular set has 83 at both ends. im sure most of the other handsets will differ, i know some are older, some about this age. actually & fwiw the receiver has 8 holes in the element. hope i was able to help. cheers. "neat"

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

elmwood

It's probably from an independent estate sale on Getzville Road in Amherst from a couple of months ago.  Mostly newer (1970s and up) NOS stuff from a former NY Telephone employee.