News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mounting an AE50 and 554?

Started by Partyline4, March 13, 2015, 02:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partyline4

I received my AE50 manual ( no dial ) wall unit today, and my Avocado green 554 yesterday.

Both needed a little bit of work ( I'm finding out old AE spring cords didn't last too long! Had to replace one on a 40 a few days ago due to no conductivity. )

and now I'm contemplating mounting them up for use!

I've already wired the 50 with a modular plug that is black to match. ( We have to use DSL filters in my home )  She rings so sweetly! AMAZING! :-* :-*

The problem is, both of these phones are so proudly heavy! Especially that AE50!  ;)

I was wondering if anyone here on the forum has had experience with mounting any or both of these wall telephones.

Thankyouverymuch.

Phonesrfun

The method of mounting depends entirely on what kind of wall surface you are mounting the phone on! 

If it is the standard "sheetrock" gypsum wall and there are no studs behind the point you want to put a screw in the wall, then the plastic wall anchors you can get at any hardware store are ideal.  If you live in an apartment or some other rented space, be aware that the landlord will likely want the achors removed and the holes patched when you leave..  The anchors can easily be popped out when you no longer need them, and a dab of Spackle used to fill the hole.
-Bill G