News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Please submit telephone-related articles for publication in Singing Wires

Started by paul-f, April 06, 2011, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

(Note: This topic came up in another thread.  This is a formal invitation for forum members to submit articles and for further discussion on this topic.)

Since one of the goals of TCI (and therefore Singing Wires) is to help preserve the history of telephony, articles are welcome from any and all sources.  While most articles come from members, we have also published articles from non-members and reprints of articles from other sources.

Go here for details:
   http://www.telephonecollectors.org/singwire/singwire.htm

Here are some article guidelines that were in the March issue...

It is preferred that articles be limited to two pages. That means each should be no more than about 2000 words in length or less if pictures are to be included. Pictures should be of high resolution so they may be cropped as needed.

If you feel you do not have good writing skills, do not let that deter you. A member of the EAB will be glad to work with you on the writing of your article, providing assistance and editing to your satisfaction. 

TCI reserves the right to edit all articles for length and clarity.

Since I am a member of the Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) you can send material directly to me, if you prefer.

We're very flexible on topics.  Please share info about your collection, favorite phones, telephone related experiences, insights gained by reading vintage telephone literature etc.  Articles that highlight a big recent "score" or a newly discovered nuance of collecting that isn't common knowledge are especially welcome.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan

I would recommend Dennis' article on my Blue Mushroom find on father's day last year.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

GG

Thanks for posting this.  Now I just have to remember where I've seen pictures of GPO 232s on wall-brackets that included their bellsets, and get permission to use even one such photo; ditto for a 776 on its wall bracket. 

Owain

Quote from: GG on April 07, 2011, 04:17:45 AMditto for a 776 on its wall bracket. 

I can do a blue 776 on matching wall bracket (not mounted on wall though). Also the wall bracket internals. Give me a couple of days.

Owain

paul-f

The Singing Wires Editorial Board is still looking for articles! 

You don't have to be a member to be a SW author.  Add descriptions of your phones and your views on any telephony-related subject to the growing Singing Wires Archive.

Bev McFadden has updated the Singing Wires index thru February 2015. The chronological listing is followed by a topic index. You can, of course, use a Control-F search to quickly find article references by keyword.    Copies of the index are now available in the Singing Wires Archive in your TCI Members Area and to anyone on the Singing Wires page of the TCI site.       http://www.telephonecollectors.org/JournalsSamples/singwire.htm    Happy reading. 
The Singing Wires Editorial Board
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line