"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Tonyrotary, March 24, 2009, 03:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Quote from: HobieSport on March 25, 2009, 01:44:19 AM
escapes the keen eye for authenticity of BDM.  I was too busy to notice while admiring the honey colored paneling. ;)
You and me both, brother.
- Tom

BDM

Quote from: HobieSport on March 25, 2009, 01:44:19 AM
I know it just ain't right, but I could see a G1 on a 354, for day to day use.  I just find the G1s a lot more comfortable than the F1.  Heath, did it come that way from someone previously swapping the handset, or did you do it on purpose?  Nothing escapes the keen eye for authenticity of BDM.  I was too busy to notice while admiring the honey colored paneling. ;)

Keen eye? HAA!! My wife would laugh in your face at that one ;D :o :P

I agree, the F1 isn't the most comfortable handset. I prefer the G1/3 or E1 handset myself.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

To make eyebrows go up even more, my 354 has a Princess ringer in it.  The B series ringer died, and there was this Princess ringer laying about out of a scrap unit I picked up for a couple of bucks, and low and behold after a little monkeying around, behold an UberFranken354.   :o

BDM

Quote from: McHeath on March 26, 2009, 12:57:53 AM
To make eyebrows go up even more, my 354 has a Princess ringer in it.  The B series ringer died, and there was this Princess ringer laying about out of a scrap unit I picked up for a couple of bucks, and low and behold after a little monkeying around, behold an UberFranken354.   :o

Blasphemy :-X :o
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

rp2813

I'm a big G1 fan.  The F1 has its place (on 302's and 202's and IMO, not on 5302's) but I think the G1 looks excellent and very compatible on that 354.

Ralph
Ralph

John S

Hello Tony....

WELCOME..............................

HobieSport

Quote from: rp2813
I'm a big G1 fan.  The F1 has its place (on 302's and 202's and IMO, not on 5302's) but I think the G1 looks excellent and very compatible on that 354.

Ralph

Further blaspheme. :D ;)  I agree.  Since 1946:

mienaichizu

greetings from the Philippines!

welcome to the forums Tony!

bingster

It's interesting that the two on the lower right of the image with the broad flat backs and rounded ends look very similar to the handset that Northern Electric used on several phones in the 1970s and 80s.
= DARRIN =

Ellen

Oh, Bing, I like that mustard-color, round, flat phone.  Very cool in an ugly (to me) kind of way.  I am looking for an older touch-tone phone to replace my modern junk in the kitchen so I can answer the robots.

New question - what do you think of a one-pound container of ricotta cheese that weighs 15 oz.?  I am seeing this more and more, and I know that they do it so they don't have to raise the prices (this week) but I am feeling a lot more ripped-off than if they would just raise the price honestly and not try to fool me.

My lasagne is going to suffer.

HobieSport

Quote from: Ellen
I am looking for an older touch-tone phone to replace my modern junk in the kitchen so I can answer the robots.

Ellen, for an older 12 button touch tone phone, have you considered a Western Electric 2500?  It's a classic.

AET

Quote from: HobieSport on March 28, 2009, 11:40:03 AM
Quote from: Ellen
I am looking for an older touch-tone phone to replace my modern junk in the kitchen so I can answer the robots.

have you considered a Western Electric 2500?  It's a classic.

Oooh, I'm looking for one of these to come up at a Thrift store, they used to all the time, but you just don't see them anymore!  It's one of the few touch-tones I feel is worthy to be mine haha.
- Tom

Greg G.

Quote from: Tonyrotary on March 24, 2009, 03:27:50 PM
I found this forum by browsing and finding Dennis's site. I am 38 and have been bitten by old phones! I bought my first rotary a Northern Electric 554 a couple of years ago and I love it. Got married last year and turns out my wife loves old rotary phones as well. Just located a white Princess phone on oldphoneworks and bought it for her along with the transformer to light it up.

I am currently deployed with the Hawaii National Guard but 4 more months to go and will be home. Will be moving to a larger apartment then and already the wife is talking of getting a 354 wall phone for the kitchen....lol. I told her we will probably go deaf with having 3 phones with real bell ringers ringing....lol. I just want to say it bis nice to find others that are interested in this hobby as well!

I'm a newbie also.  My first find was a lucky one, mid-30s era NEC Type 3.  As far as bells ringing, that all depends on how popular you and your wife are.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e