News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory WE500 tips

Started by Dan, April 10, 2009, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Well, I have bought my third white yellowed ebay phone that I thought was ivory. The first one I sent back, because it was described wrong (nice seller, no problem). The second one I kept because it " peroxided out" to a beautiful white.

Outside of getting the seller to check the inside of the dial for a color code, is there any inside tips you guys can give so I can know the difference between a yellowed white vs a true ivory 500?

Thanks to you guys I can tell the aqua blue from the turquoise but these ivory ones are hard for me.

Thanks in advance 8)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Generally the inside of the plastic is the original color.  If it's white, the inside should be stark white.  If it's ivory it will look more yellow.  And then there's the color code on the dial if you get lucky and it wasn't changed.

Dan

Thanks, I'll have to start asking them to send me a picture of the underside of the housing.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Dan, it is difficult to tell from eBay photos.  Improper lighting can make it look discolored, or ivory when it's white.  The inside of the handset caps will tell the story too and may be easier for the seller to provide photos.