News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Claes Basset Buddies TV Lamp 1959

Started by Russ Kirk, September 10, 2018, 01:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

My Wife collects Basset Hound items and has well over 2000 items in her collection. We recently acquired this Claes TV lamp. It is called Basset Buddies and is from 1959. This is quite a rare item and we have been searching for over a decade.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Pourme

I like how the light plays in the eyes.

Very nice piece!.....Congrats on your find!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

FABphones

Crikey, well done guys. I bet you couldn't believe you had finally found it.
:D
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Russ Kirk

Oh yes, we are fortunate to get it. Since it is a large porcelain/pottery item we were very concerned about it surviving the shipping, the seller felt the same. The seller was about an hour drive from us and we picked it up the same day the auction closed.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Pourme

Benny

Russ Kirk

Here is the back side.

For those that don't know about TV lamps, in the 40's and 50's it was believed watching a TV in the dark would harm the viewers vision. They thought that ambient light behind/near the TV would solve this misconception. I guess by the early 60's they wised up.

Today, TV lamps are collectable. This one is a rare piece piece because it was of the maker's very last designs made at the very end of TV lamp's popularity.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

19and41

They ought to be collectible,  there were so many attractive and novel designs. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

That is very nice...I couldn't collect something so delicate...I have a few cookie jars, but I rarely touch them....
Benny