News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

He Shoots, He Scores, Finally.

Started by Dan/Panther, January 05, 2010, 10:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I was surfing eBay tonight and ran across this little gem. Almost broke my finger pulling the trigger.
D/P

http://tinyurl.com/ya6yqwe

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

ntophones

Yippee!!! I missed out on the phone I bid on today--errrr.
Congrats to you!
--nto

benhutcherson

Nice grab on that-looks like a pretty good shape seamless body with seamed caps.

It also appears to at least have an F-1 transmitter, and will probably have an HA-1 receiver. The sound quality should be on par with an F-1 handset, just in a much more stylish and more comfortable to use package.

Is this for your childhood telephone recreation?

Phonesrfun

I have never seen an E1 handset with an HA1 receiver.  I have several with the F1 transmitter, though.  The F1 was a remarkable improvement over the Bullet 395 Barrier Button transmitter.

-Bill G

bingster

I believe most have the 557 receiver, which isn't a bad thing.  They're not quite the equal of later receivers, but they do sound good.  Better than most modern phones, anyway.
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

I hate you.  I was watching another one that went for twice that.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

Ben;
My childhood phone was originally F-!, I have a 202, with F-1 I wanted it for.

Brinybay;
That is why I didn't hesitate to BUY IT NOW, everyone I've watched for the past year has topped $50.00.
I'm not even sure if it's correct, but it will certainly look better on the cradle than an F-1, and I'm sure I could almost double my money if ever the need be.
Another welcome piece of the puzzle. It's actually starting to look like I have a  collection going, and I'm having the time of my life doing it.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

rp2813

Congratulations Dan!  That is a great deal for a seamless E-1, and it will make your phone look much more original. 

I'm also curious about the HA-1 receiver element in an E-1 handset.  If there is a retrofit for that, I would like to pursue it, but I have not seen one on any of the sites like OPW.  I find the 557's reception to be too squawky and hollow sounding.  I already have the F-1 transmitter retrofit in place.  Of course, there's the whole issue to contend with of the cap not wanting to budge off the receiver end . . .
Ralph

benhutcherson

I'll have to look around, but I'm pretty sure I've seen HA-1 retrofits, and even a factory kit for them.

I'll post back if and when I find one.