News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Steve Hilsz, dial repair and parts

Started by HarrySmith, February 20, 2011, 10:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Since nobody has posted here I thought I would start it out on a positive note. Steve has repaired or cleaned lubed and calibrated a bunch of dials for me and has always done an excellent job. He always states the cost is $6.00 per dial plus parts if needed. He has had to replace parts on a few of my dials and still charged the $6.00. He is also a very nice guy!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4384.0
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Phonesrfun

Harry:

I can attest to everything you said.  I have always had a positive experience with Steve Hilsz on any and all things I have purchased from him.

-Bill
-Bill G

stopthemachine

Although I have never dealt with him personally, I have heard nothing but good things about Steve from other phone collectors, including another fabulous restorer of phones, Dave Johnson in CT. 

If I ever needed to have a dial fixed, I would send it to Steve without a question.

Phonesrfun

Steve Also has a bunch of parts.  Sometimes some obscure part that you think nobody will have, Steve can come up with.  And he has had some nice NOS handsets, ringers and other things from time to time.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

No doubt many of us would have had a a much more difficult time with our telephone projects without the kindness and generosity of Steve.  He has bailed me out a few times.  They don't come any better.

Doug Rose

I can't say enough good things about Steve, he is the King of Dials!! But at $6 a dial, he is prices are outrageous! :o  ....Doug
Kidphone

Babybearjs

Steve is wonderful! I just wish he was in the same town that i'm in! he's really been a great help!  John
John

Tom Vici

I used Steve for a dial repair several years ago.  Excellent all around.

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 20, 2011, 10:59:02 AM
Since nobody has posted here I thought I would start it out on a positive note. S

Bill

I mailed a 4H dial to Steve not long ago, and I swear he turned it around and had it back in the mail the same day. Good work, too! Can't beat that combo!

Bill

Shovelhead

My only experience with Steve was VERY POSITIVE. The gentleman spent just under a half hour with me on the phone to correct a problem with my 233G that started after we changed  over to Uverse.

He was very helpful even though this was my first call to him and a non revenue situation to boot.

It was several days due to work schedule before I could try out his fix. First one did the trick.

I phoned him the next morning to thank him for his help.

When I need a dial refurbed, I will definitely call him.

Babybearjs

dues anyone know if he sells on ebay?? if so, whats his handle??  John
John

HarrySmith

Steve has a sometimes partner that he occasionally works with on ebay but he does not have his own ID. He does take paypal though. The partners ID is celnout.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 24, 2011, 04:00:57 PM
Steve has a sometimes partner that he occasionally works with on ebay but he does not have his own ID. He does take paypal though. The partners ID is celnout.
Harry...really?? I never knew that and know both of them. I thought Steve just sold from his Salvage website. Live and learn. See you can teach an old doug new tricks!!
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Steve told me that himself a few years back when I started dealing with him. I dont know what things they work on together although I would imagine if Steve comes up with a large quantity of something ebay would be the way to move it faster.

I have purchased a few things from Cliff after the auctions end, which saves money ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Quote from: Babybearjs on September 24, 2011, 09:48:10 AM
dues anyone know if he sells on ebay?? if so, whats his handle??  John

Steve is on ebaY though he buys more than he sells.

His handle is jydsk

Terry (ebaY Handles list curator)