News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Abridged May Brimfield

Started by Doug Rose, May 12, 2021, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

We found out last night that Brimfield was opening with a small show in one of its lots today! I had to work so Jan was off alone as the sun was rising. Opened at 7AM she was in line at 6:20, they let everyone in at 6:45.

She did quite well, she does better than with me bothering her  ::).

This is her haul:

Nice paired Kellogg stick and Mag

WE stick in really nice shape.

WE D1 with a beautiful 4H too bad the celluloid plate was damaged long ago.

A near perfect Orange WE Trimline

Four solid 302s, one is Dated 5 37 with the grate paint looked great before cleanup. Second generation with no riveted feet

Brimfield should be open for its regular HUGE show July and September. Today was small, but nice considering we lost it all of last year.

She done good!...Doug
Kidphone

RB

Man, I'll say. ;D
cuddos to Mrs Doug!

Witty

Wow!
What nice finds, especially the 37-302 with 37 parts and H1 stamp over the mouse hole.
Now I know why we don't find many out here, they're all over there!
Will be exciting to see them cleaned up.

Ken
Ken

Doug Rose

thanks Rod and Ken, she did great....as usual.. 8)..Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Jan's a great phone shopper. I definitely think you should keep her Doug😁😁
Gary

Doug Rose

Quote from: oldguy on May 12, 2021, 11:42:12 PM
Jan's a great phone shopper. I definitely think you should keep her Doug😁😁
thanks Gary...she certainly is a keeper. Not many wife's will support a hobby like ours, let alone let me keep a room for display.

It used to be, she would call "i have a black phone....its square"

Now it's "I have a D1, with a 4H dial , F1 bad cords" paint is great"

She is a keeper....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

The metal 302 is dated 5/37, receiver 9 14 37 and the transmitter 3 37. The handset cord was broken going into the receiver, so I stole a cloth handset from another one of the group.

This is really immaculate inside and out. Original paint really shine with a little Brasso. Paint does have a few marks, but this guy is EIGHTY FOUR years old!

It has a NET sticker on the bottom that it was sold to customer on 12 6 83. Even though the bottom is pristine, I left the sticker.

It had a #6 dial in it, so I left it as is, just a better dial plate

I am amazed by the quality of the work the Western Electric did!...it works perfectly with a modular line cord....Doug
Kidphone

Witty

OMG, that 302 looks brand new!
What a nice find, even if it had been the only one found that day.
I completely agree about the quality of WE, and especially the 302s. I have many early metal 302s and would love to have a working one in every room.
Good job.

Ken
Ken

Doug Rose

Quote from: Witty on May 16, 2021, 11:53:07 PM
OMG, that 302 looks brand new!
What a nice find, even if it had been the only one found that day.
I completely agree about the quality of WE, and especially the 302s. I have many early metal 302s and would love to have a working one in every room.
Good job.

Ken
thanks Ken....it is a near perfect specimen! I already have one so it is for sale.....but it tugs at me. Just can't keep them all...Doug
Kidphone