"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Birthday, IIfx!

Started by Mr. Bones, January 23, 2015, 08:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Happy Birthday, IIfx!

I hope that your birthday is filled with all the best things in Life! At your age, one can only hope for the best, right! ;)

I'm glad you're here, and have stuck around. Happy 22nd! 8) May you have a road so long in front of you, it wraps around the earth a thousand times before you can even distantly glimpse the end with a telescope! :) :)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Yes, Happy Birthday Eric! Everyone on CRPF hopes that you had a great 21st Birthday!

We dont see too many posts from Eric but I think he checks in more often than he posts. Eric joined CRPF on June 28, 2013 and lives in Virginia, USA. Here's a copy of Eric's first post just to reaquaint everyone with him.

Quote from: IIfx on August 13, 2013, 11:12:55 AM
My name is Eric, and I have been collecting old electronics (computers - mainly old Apples, film cameras) for over 10 years. My username IIfx is actually the model of my favorite vintage computer, the Macintosh IIfx.   About 2 years ago I expanded my interests into old telephones. Picked up a nice all 3-1963 Western Electric 500 in black on eBay back in January of this year. After going on a trip to Poland this summer, a relative gave me a pre-world war II polish made LM Ericsson which has been a challenge to get going (expect a post on this one!)

I got into old phones thanks to becoming interested in telecom history - the innovation that came out of Bell Labs, and the quality of service the Bell System seemed to provide really is a sharp contrast to today's telecom situation in the US. I am a big fan of Western Electric equipment, but there are some pieces I like that came out of Automatic Electric as well. Eastern European stuff also interests me, and from some research it looks like its all copied off of Ericsson for the most part.

Looking forward to future discussions and posts.

-IIfx