News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 49/500 distribution.

Started by Dan/Panther, February 27, 2009, 02:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Thanks Dennis.  If we "sticky" the poll will that unlock it (er, "un-expire") it so we can keep it open and running?  If not, no problem, because I can just start a fresh new poll in General Discussion, and since polls automatically expire with no activity after thirty days, I'll just make a point of doing a little activity on it every thirty days to keep it running.  But I won't do anything until I hear from you. :)

Dan/Panther

Ellen;
It may be worth your while to go to New Haven, that ad for the NEW 500 phone when blown up the dial card reads New Haven...so we know where at least one 1950-500 is located. If you don't want it you can send it to me....
D/P
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/PopularScience/6-1949/ringer_volume.jpg

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Hobie, I don't know if there is any difference in the "poll" or in the "topic".  The software speaks to "topics" not being active for 30 days will go away.  It sure seems like there are a lot of old topics that we haven't posted to in more than 30 days that are still here.  I did sticky this topic and moved it thinking it would make it active again.  It's in the General Discussion category.

rp2813

Hobie, on that "Oldest 500" thread it appears that Jim H has the oldest chassis with a date of 3/50.  It has been refurbed but if the timeline from Paul's site is correct with 6/50 for distribution to the masses, Jim has an interesting piece and it would be a fun search trying to back date the components that need it.  My 10/50 seems to have been untouched other than the transmitter element and the handset cord which wasn't original when I got it and has since been replaced with a NOS old-school WECo 500 type coiled cord.  It appears I need to get some clear shots of the innards of my phone.  I'll post them when it happens.

Ralph
Ralph

rp2813

Also, that one with the 425A network from 1/51 I believe belongs to Dan.  That was the one he recently needed help with to make it ring IIRC.  A portion of that thread has been posted in the "Technical Reference" section here.  Dan's phone definitely appears to be the original 500 design with separate equalizer and the only one later than 1950 that I'm aware of, at least among the membership here.

Ralph
Ralph

McHeath

My 1951 500 has the 425A network and the separate handset connection board, but no separate equalizer.  It's a J/K model.

Does anyone recall where a 1/50 network was mentioned on the forum?  Or am I making that up? :D

rp2813

I think it's Dan's 1/51 that has the 425A and equalizer.  I recall reading somewhere about the J/K models keeping the 425A after it had been upgraded for the regualr 500's, I think.  But I thought what I read said that the J/K's kept the equalizer too.  I'm sure others here have read the piece I'm referencing but I can't remember off hand which site it was on.

Ralph
Ralph

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright