News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 4 - Pink Princess

Started by bingster, September 22, 2008, 12:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Gather round!  The fourth auction contest is underway!  

This time around we have a telephone that is near and dear to the hearts of collectors, the justifiably famed Western Electric 702, otherwise known as the Princess.  This 1964 example is in the highly coveted pink color, is hardwired, rotary, and comes with it's original box!

Which brings us to the question of the day:  For how much money will it sell?

S C O R E B O A R D
Sold for $36.00
$150.00 - JimH (Over, but closest)
$176.97 - McHeath (Over)
$249.00 - BDM (Over)
$250.00 - bingster (Over)
$300.00 - Mark Stevens (Over)
$400.00 - benhutcherson (Over)
= DARRIN =

Mark Stevens

I've learned my lesson... I'm going to wait and see what Walt says!  ;)

benhutcherson

$400 is my guess.

I've seen nice pink ones sell upwards of $200 without a box. The box has to add something to the value.

BDM

I own a perfect, I mean perfect condition blue Princess 701. The 701s have no ringer network. But, it came with the matching wall ring box(who's part number number escapes me right now). I purchased it for $20 about 3 years ago. Now, I've never been into these. I bought it because it looked nice and was absolutely mint. I tucked it away, and now I see these early princess phones going through the roof. This one? Hmmmmmm, it's pink which is probably the Princess phones signature color....... $250!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

Where's that buzzer sound...  I know I had it around here somewhere...  Anyhoo, $250 is already taken.  Want another guess?
= DARRIN =

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Mark Stevens

McHeath

$176.97, give or take.  Of course this is probably way too low, afterall this is e-bay and this phone will gather the folks who want a nostalgia phone and are willing to pay for it.  My Princess cost me 10 dollars, but then again it ain't pink.  But it COULD be. ;)

JimH

I'm new to this site and glad to see it!  I'm going to guess $150, if it's the original box stamped pink on the outside.  Nothing really rare here (although beloved!), I sold a pink ten button (1702) without the box and it went for $212.
without the box it's probably worth about $100.
Jim H.

Mark Stevens

Quote from: JimH on September 26, 2008, 07:44:44 AM
I'm new to this site and glad to see it!  I'm going to guess $150, if it's the original box stamped pink on the outside.  Nothing really rare here (although beloved!), I sold a pink ten button (1702) without the box and it went for $212.
without the box it's probably worth about $100.

Welcome, Jim!

BDM

Can you believe I won this thing. I posted a bid that was low, and I won. I expected it to go for far more than this!!! My bid was more of a joke, nothing more.......Can't believe it, I lost your contest, but won the phone :P  Do I get a place in the hall of fame? I lost, but won ;D Looking at past auctions, they really don't go for much. But like many things, that depends on the time of the year and collector "want" for the time.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Holy sticker shock Batman!  No way did I think that phone would go for 36 clams!  Okay maybe the Princess market has collapsed and we need to apply for a bailout.

Good going there BDM! 

bingster

I'm a little stunned at that result.  I didn't even consider bidding on it because I figured it would go for wayyyy too much.  Great job, BDM!

And we'll go with JimH as the winner. Even though everybody went over, we need a winner.  Congratulations, JimH!  Stay tuned for our next auction contest, to be posted tomorrow.

= DARRIN =

JimH

Geez....so much for appreciation!  I would have thought this would've brought at least $100!
Jim H.