"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 8 - Western Electric 302 in blue thermoplastic

Started by bingster, October 23, 2008, 06:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimH

Quote from: McHeath on October 29, 2008, 01:03:39 AM
I am frankly amazed that this phone is up to 710 dollars at the moment.  For one low quality picture, with some possible serious condition problems, and a seller who is unable or unwilling to post more pics and give more info that price astounds me. 
Well I literally live a half mile from Royal Oak.  If I was buying it, I'd go over there with my cashier's check and not give it up until I saw the phone, of course.  I guess other people don't have that luxury.  I'm just not ready to buy the "Holy Grail" set just yet. :-[
Jim H.

Dan/Panther

I know it's late in the game, but I'll say $1172.00.
This posted 4 hours plus before end of auction, it's now at $710.00

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

It went for $1009 bucks.  Maybe the buyer knows something we don't, but a lot of us certainly tried to get info and ran into the wall, so to speak.  If it's the Real McCoy it was a decent buy, but if not...

bingster

Given the high prices the whole, correct phone brings, I suppose a case could easily be made for the case alone being worth $1000.  I just hope the buyer is aware of the potential problem, and isn't lulled by the though that he got a real bargain.  But a scary thought has entered my mind... What if it turns out to be ALL black, painted in 302 blue.  In that case, he got totally rooked.

So we're calling this one with McHeath as the winner.  Congratulations, McHeath!
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Tank U, tank U weara mu-ch...

I'd like to thank the academy, and all the Little Peopleā„¢ who made this possible.

You like me, you really like me!!

(Apologies to Elvis, Jimmy Stewart and Sally Field)

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI