News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

RCA Victor advertising record

Started by Bill Cahill, July 12, 2010, 03:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

I got this record from a collector this week. It's very interesting.
It was recorded in Nov. 1955.
It's a 7" 78 rpm record.
It talks to dealers, asking them to examine records, and, machine.
This machine was to be shipped by plane, and, dropped over the Kremlin.
The records were to "Tell the truth" about our country.
According to the announcer, the machine was compact, wiould assemble in seconds, and, was all plastic. Total weight of machine: 7oz.
Sarnoff was waiting for gov. approval, and, had given free licenses to all other companies to mannufacture this machine.
Are there any of these machines still in existence?
My guess is they never made it to the Kremlin.

At the end of the recording the announcer says there is an even bigger announcement soon to be made. The hint was it was from the victrola, and, radio division.
I'd also like to know what that announcement was..
Anybody know anything more about this than what Dan Panther found on the internet?
Very little said about it.
Very interesting recording, I say.....
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill;
If indeed they did make it to the Kremlin, I guarantee they didn't make it anywhere else.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

rdelius

I once saw at the Raleigh NC flea market an RCA plastic phonograph.You had to had to rotate the record on the turntable by hand. The sound was acoustic.There was a date for the mid 1950s on it someware, possibly on the record.This looked like a kit of some type.
Robby

Bill Cahill

If  machine was all plastic, and, extremely light weight, that may have been the one. Wish I had it.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."