News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

When did Space Saver 212 production end?

Started by Konrad, January 30, 2009, 08:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konrad

Ran across a picture of 500 style 212 and I have a 425 network 685-A sub set from 6-65 which I assume was for this model.  Never seen this style of space saver before.  I wrongly assumed production ended with the introduction of 354.

http://www.geocities.com/mikesvintagetelephone/otherwallphones.html

Dennis Markham

I don't know the answer to your question.  But that man DOES have some nice rare telephones.  When's the last time anyone saw any colored 212 space savers on eBay.  I don't think I've ever seen one.

benhutcherson

bingster

I saw a white one on eBay not too long ago, but the paint was very chipped, revealing black underneath.  I couldn't tell if it was original or if it was a home paint job.  It felt like an amateur job to me, though.  It didn't go for much, as I recall.

They apparently also offered a touch-tone option for these as well (or such has been reported on other sites).  I've never seen one of those, either.
= DARRIN =

benhutcherson

I would guess that the Trimline probably pretty well did these in. It's not much bigger, doesn't need a separate subset, and comes in as many colors as you could want.

Of course, as the above auction shows, they were still making, or at least refurbing, them well after the Trimline came out.