News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess 2702 BMG not working help!

Started by Twodotts, August 18, 2017, 06:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

Hi Vicki   ...     Your very welcome, and it was my pleasure to help.       Have a great Labor Day weekend !

Jeff

Quote from: Twodotts on September 01, 2017, 10:39:07 PM
Hi Jeff,
I did what you said and the ringer works.  You have made my day !!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for all your help, I really appreciate your time.

Thanks again,
Vicki

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on September 01, 2017, 10:45:24 PM
Hi Vicki   ...     Your very welcome, and it was my pleasure to help.       Have a great Labor Day weekend !

Jeff

Good job Jeff, another happy member!

Twodotts

Hi,
I have another question about the 2702bmg that I got working last night. Everything was working including the light but it was so dim you could barely see it. I was using a transformer that I purchased  online. I took it off and hooked a two wire cord with modular connection on one end and a red and green wire on the other end to a 2012A transformer hoping the light would be brighter, when I did that I heard a buzzing sound no dialtone and the light went out. I hooked it back up with the first transformer phone still works but the light won't work. I took pictures of the transformers. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?
Thanks,
Vicki

Twodotts

Update on my previous post. I cleaned all the contacts on the light socket and bulb and the light works now.  It is very dim and only comes on when I lift the receiver even if I move the switch on the back of the phone. Can I replace this bulb with an LED bulb without making any changes to the phone, it is a 2702BMG.

Thanks,
Vicki

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Twodotts on September 02, 2017, 06:01:45 PM
Can I replace this bulb with an LED bulb without making any changes to the phone, it is a 2702BMG.

Here is a link for Richard Rose. He has some Information available.

http://ericofon.com/catalog/parts/princess/led.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He has some screw type lamps available.
http://ericofon.com/catalog/parts/princess.htm

Princes phones had screw base and slide in type lamp holders. I believe the lamp holders are interchangeable.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.