News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone have 35 Blue 500's that need dial faces??

Started by HarrySmith, December 29, 2014, 08:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

When I first saw this listing I could not believe they were all the same color. Then I thought who would need 35 Blue dial faces, this won't sell. BOY was I wrong. $123.38 plus $6.00 shipping!! Am I crazy or is this way out of line??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361158544779
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenton K

WOW. I thought it would sell at $15 with 1 bid. I can't imagine using 35 bezels. Where are they going to find the rest of the phone?

Ken

Alexander

If it was me, I'd try to resell them at $10 or so each in a 30 day auction...make a nice little profit if they all sold. Might even try to find a few dials to mate them to and sell them that way.

...or maybe he's an artist and plans to make some sort of sculpture  :-\
~Alexander

WesternElectricBen

What I don't like about them is that they are not soft plastic, as people generally aren't into hard plastic phones. I would have understood over $100 for SP ones, because they could serve as good replacements for many people at a good price.

Ben

twocvbloke

At about $3.70 a piece, they got a bargain, even just re-selling them at $5 a piece would net about $45 of profit, and someone will always want coloured parts, even if the rest of the phone ends up resprayed to match the dial face... :)

Kenton K

I can't imagine the time and energy it would take to sell all 35 individually! It could take years! Small profit margin in my opinion.m

Kk

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Kenton K on December 31, 2014, 11:47:26 AM
I can't imagine the time and energy it would take to sell all 35 individually! It could take years! Small profit margin in my opinion.m

Kk
My thinking exactly!

Ben