News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Turret Phone Revisited

Started by Doug Rose, March 11, 2018, 10:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was organizing some old pictures and came upon my Turret phone. Just look at the before picture. I have never seen another like it. One of my favorite phones. Working in the Biz with Stock Traders, in is amazing how the Turrets have evolved. Just a stunning set.

Just look at the pristine Dial card that survived under that THIN celluloid cover

Plus the grass was GREEN   8)..Doug
Kidphone

AL_as_needed

Also amazing how well it had survived. I have seen a number done on turret phones after some poor choices and bad calls.....

What year is that phone?
TWinbrook7

Doug Rose

No idea.....maybe the AE Boys can help. Terry / Stub?
Kidphone

RotarDad

Awesome phone Doug - thanks for posting the pics again!!  Nice lawn too!

The dial is WE so that should have a date on the back and a date on the dial plate (no Z must be '53 or later, right?).
Paul

AE_Collector

That's a tough call on how long AE made that phone. Would think the induction coil handset would have been discontinued by the 1940's but AE typically would make anything that someone would buy. So, if these were a popular item for stock exchanges maybe they just kept making them if orders came in. I never saw them here and I had the opportunity to scavenge one of the Vancouver stock exchange right after they moved to a new building somewhere around 1980. AE 43A spacesavers and flush mounted call director keystrips as it was all AE 10A2 (1A2).

stub

Doug,
         Thanks for posting this. I now know what mine use to be .  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield