News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay Item Tracking

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, September 29, 2013, 11:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

One thing that I forgot to mention is that I frequently forget that CRPF isn't a closed shop to members only. There are lots of regular unregistered visitors here so anything intended as a "Perk" for CRPF members can just as easily become a "Perk" for non members.

I just looked now and there are 13 members on-line and 26 guests. Some of the guests will be members who didn't bother to log in but I don't think that would cover many of the 66% here at this moment who aren't members.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

I am glad that you understand Christian. No hard feelings and it is a good thought and project. We have all been through the arguements too many times though and it is just best to let the phone collector (whomever it is) benefit occasionally from doing his homework rather than the seller benefiting when he didn't do his homework putting the listing together.

Numerous times I have emailed people that I know would be interested in an item on ebaY though, no problem there of course!

Now to find you "another project" around here! I put together the ebaY handles list which is an Excel sheet list of ebaY ID's (handles) along with who the handle belongs to (owners real name), feedback number, "bidder code (the x***x number), club affiliations etc.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2871.0

If you are an Excel junky and "looking for work", boy could I put ou to work as I like to update the list at least every 6 months and would prefer every 3 or 4 months and am approaching 8 months at the moment...YIKES!

A pet project that I always wanted to do but never even got stated at would be a central listing of Telephone Museums and Displays where phone collectors could look by city to see what is available to see if travelling somewhere. On the ATCA or TCI lists I used to frequntly see posts like "Travelling to Seattle on holidays next month and wondering what telephone museums or displays exist there". Well ...Seattle....Let me tell you what you HAVE TO SEE while there! The Internet should have tons of info on phone museums and dispalys, it is just a matter of doing research and getting a list going. Of course on the TCI list and here on the CRPF there are lots of people just waiting to spill everything they know on the subject.

Just playing with you though Christian, not really trying to twist your arm...too much!

Terry