News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Change is Good...REALLY??

Started by Doug Rose, November 08, 2014, 03:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I came in from cutting the grass and getting the leaves up and there is a guy in my phone room with Jan. He has carpet samples! Carpet samples!!  FEAR has hit me..... she want to re-carpet the upstairs. My phone room! Stuff on the shelves is fine, but I have to get everything off the floor! This is no minor undertaking. FEAR!!  :'(  :'(   ...Kidscared
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

When we laid new flooring throughout the whole house we had to pack both our collection rooms. My phone room had to be packed, I chose to pack it almost like they were going to shipped. It was the safest way. While the phone room was not bad, my wife's basset collectable room was a bigger task.  Her collection is about very delicate 2000 items, mostly in her basset room in the numerous curio cabinets and book cases. I belive we packed about 150 boxes and stored them in the garage. After the flooring was completed we had to upack everything. So, Doug I know the great amount of work that lays ahead for you...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WesternElectricBen

Oh my, that sounds like a lot of work.. I was thinking about replacing the ripped up carpet in my room, but I decided it's too much work right now.

Ben

AE_Collector

Don't worry Doug, once all that new carpet is in Jan will need the room to be repainted to match!

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

My parents want to replace the ugly turquoise carpeting in my room with hardwood flooring. I agree with them, but I'm not looking forward to moving all of my phone stuff out, plus two beds (one is more of a guest bed) and a huge TV shelf.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Phonesrfun

Hey, everyone, it could be worse. About 6 years ago I moved to the house I currently have.  What a pain that was!
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Doug;
Just make sure that the next thing out of your wife's mouth is, "Will a Sewing Machine fit here in this corner, it won't take much space".
Dig in don't give an inch.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Weco355aman

I'm thankful that all of may phones and switching equipment has there own building.
The down side is I still don't have enough space and I've been informed there will not be any more space for phone stuff.
I have 1900 SQ feet of space for phone stuff.  My wife wants a larger sewing room and storage. I had the phone items be fore I had her and she does not see it that way.  She wants more storage. I Will be working on it this coming summer.
Phil

twocvbloke

Got to be careful with putting your foot down, it often raises the "It's them or me" dilemma, can't offer any sane advice on the matter though as I've yet to get that far into a relationship and I don't want to be liable for the ending of someone else's... ;D

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 08, 2014, 03:56:41 PM
I came in from cutting the grass and getting the leaves up and there is a guy in my phone room with Jan. He has carpet samples! Carpet samples!!  FEAR has hit me..... she want to re-carpet the upstairs. My phone room! Stuff on the shelves is fine, but I have to get everything off the floor! This is no minor undertaking. FEAR!!  :'( :'(   ...Kidscared

I'm confused.  Your phone room?  Which one? 

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8211.0
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Weco355aman

I have 2 Display rooms 1 For sing line phones and 1 for Business phones And maybe a wall in my 3 building with a few phones.
Still undecided.
Phil

Doug Rose

Only one phone room in my house Briny.....new carpet.....ARRRGH...Doug
Kidphone

RotarDad

Hey Doug - I found something that will just look GREAT with that new carpet in your phone room.  This one is worth swapping something out for...... ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281497156137

And only $89.99 BIN.....
Paul

Doug Rose

All the furniture and phones not on built in shelving or wall mounted have been removed. New Carpet on Tuesday. We are doing the three rooms in three separate steps. This was a pain in the a$$. No Damage...sooooo far.

This carpet was only 13 years old, but showed wear, especially in my daughter room. Everything from my room went across the hall to my youngest daughter's former room or out the door. I filled her room!  There will be a lot of phones from the collection on eBay next year. I am trying to stay under the 20K no taxes this year, so no  more selling this year.

I am shelving tomorrow. I am hoping.....CHANGE IS GOOD!! Really hoping so.....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

So Doug, did you find anything interesting that you haven't noticed for a while when moving the phones?

This looks like a good opportunity to get rid of the non-phone stuff on the bottom shelf to make room for more phones.  Or are there really BSPs in the document boxes?   ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line