News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Etsy: 593 "Upcycled" to a birdhouse????

Started by RotarDad, June 28, 2012, 01:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

This is painful.....  Look at that fat switchhook....  Another photo shows the back labled 593 and 57.....   There really should be a law on this kind of thing....  If we all work very hard to buy all the vintage phones, we could prevent more of this from happening in the future..............  :)
Paul

jsowers

It would be painful for the birds too, when they hit the handset on their way out. Someone needs to hang the handset on the side. It's also not deep enough and I wonder if any self-respecting bird would build a nest in anything like that. But then I think of the male cardinal who saw his reflection in my mom's Olds Custom Cruiser chrome lower bodyside molding and pecked at his reflection for weeks. Birdbrain is a pretty good description.

You also have to wonder what this will look like after a year outside in the elements. They weren't designed to sit outside. Yes, it's very sad.
Jonathan

LarryInMichigan

I expect that a phone would make a lousy birdhouse with the smooth, slippery surfaces.  It it were up to me, I would just stick a light bulb into the hole in the finger wheel and call it a lamp ;D

Larry

dpaynter1066

The reward of art is not fame or success but intoxication: that is why so many bad artists are unable to give it up.