News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 464

Started by Babybearjs, August 26, 2014, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, another phone got away from me..... my high bid was $100.00 and it sold for 102.00. so whoever got it, congrats! these phones are starting to be in high demand again.... so if you have any 400 series key phones.... someone is out there looking besides me.....
John

WesternElectricBen

I would never know they were worth so much, with a high demand? I guess because you can hook them up to a key system, with 5 lines.

I'm guessing my 440 sets aren't worth that much..

Ben

Sargeguy

Looks like it's time to dig out the 466
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

WEBellSystemChristian

My 440 has a #4 dial, but the insides are corroded to death and the dial was damaged (it's fixed now, but still sounds ratty). Probably not worth too much because of that.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

Hoi, I put a bid on that, but not that high! I have seen a few of the key sets that have the innards scrapped and buttons plugged with orange buttons. Are they aftermarket key sets?

Ken

Babybearjs

no, these are considered junk.... once you take out the multiline guts, all you have is a single line phone with holes in it.... the person who is trying to sell that 444 should be shot! the phone isin't even worth $5.00!
John

unbeldi

Quote from: Babybearjs on August 28, 2014, 03:37:12 AM
no, these are considered junk.... once you take out the multiline guts, all you have is a single line phone with holes in it.... the person who is trying to sell that 444 should be shot! the phone isin't even worth $5.00!
Not enough reason to shoot anyone. :-)

Babybearjs

yeh, but the person is trying to pass it off as something special.... now, its only good for parts.... if even that.
John

poplar1

Quote from: Kenton K on August 26, 2014, 09:43:30 PM
Hoi, I put a bid on that, but not that high! I have seen a few of the key sets that have the innards scrapped and buttons plugged with orange buttons. Are they aftermarket key sets?

Ken

These are usually from Bohnsack Equipment Co., a reseller in Germantown, N.Y.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Kenton K

That make lots of sense. I mean, why would WE use a scraped 444 when there are so many 302s. I did get one for cheap and wondered what was going on. I guess the case can be salvaged if I find another broken 444.

-kk