News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Don't tell my wife but.......(SC 1212)

Started by Pourme, August 28, 2017, 05:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

I always buy "needy" phones and use my time and labor combined with techniques learned from you on this forum to restore them. I have always enjoyed the experience.

This time it was different...I saw this Fatboy SC 1212 on EBAY over a week ago & despite several other (needy)1212's offered for far less money, I had to have it! I don't know this seller but he has some nice phones he has restored offered on EBAY. Anyone familiar with him?

Although it's the most I personally have paid for a phone, I will enjoy unpacking it and adding it to my collection. No bottom gasket to buy, no dial to remove & clean no parts to hunt.... Yes it has a SL ringer! I can't do this every time but I'm looking forward to this treat!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

Very nice.

The fatboy, the ashtray and the toaster have always caught my eye. You have a nice ready go phone there.

How you going to keep your wife from seeing it? Or will this be a $39 plus shipping phone to her ears?

Pourme

Funny thing, John. After the 1st 50 to 75 phones.....she don't even notice "another black phone"....hehehe....
Benny

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Pourme on August 28, 2017, 06:05:23 PM
Funny thing, John. After the 1st 50 to 75 phones.....she don't even notice "another black phone"....hehehe....

I noticed that too , a very long time ago.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Vern P

I don't have a wife to hide stuff from, and A.G. Bell and Thomas Watson don't mind when I bring in more telephone.  Milo Kellogg didn't mind either, it was just more telephone for folks to look at when they came to see her.

Vern

Weco355aman

I'm happy that my wife is ok with phones and switching. My phone hobby is in there own buildings, (3)
She has let me know that I have more space than she does for here hobby. I don't complain about her 2 interest's. For the record if YOUR wife complains, let here know that others have more. My collection covers about 2000 sq ft. This should help you guy's out. 
Phil

Jim Stettler

I left the screen shot of your telephone open on my computer. Later that evening, my wife asked me  if that was a  phone I bought for $269.00. It was nice being able to say no.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Pourme

Benny

Pourme

Well it came today....The seller did a super restoration job!

It looks real happy with it's new friends!
Benny

Doug Rose

Benny....I you posted the finished pics of you phone room!
Kidphone

Ed Morris

Beautiful phone.  I really like the Fatboy phones.
Ed

oldguy

Gary

Pourme

Thanks guys!

I got the bug for a Fatboy & had to have one!
Benny

Pourme

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 31, 2017, 08:12:36 PM
Benny....I you posted the finished pics of you phone room!

Doug...I updated the pics of the phones on my recently created display wall.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17249.15
Benny