News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first ever... CALL DIRECTOR!

Started by WesternElectricBen, November 20, 2013, 08:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Okay, I just had to do it. I was feeling to lazy today to restore stuff, but I wanted to assemble what I could.

Eric sent me the print for the face plate, though I think it's too big for my printer. Is there a way I could put it on a USB and print it out at my local UPS or USPS store?

Still need to re-coil the cord, (need a dowel) swap out the finger wheele, and fix the bottom. Excluding the fact of the face plate.

Almost forgot, does anyone know where to replace the pin that holds that piece of metal in and the trim? I broke it when trying to make it fit back in.

Ben

brshaffer

Could you try legal sized paper?  The image horizontally oriented on a legal size sheet should be enough to print it and go through any printer.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: brshaffer on November 28, 2013, 12:17:15 AM
Could you try legal sized paper?  The image horizontally oriented on a legal size sheet should be enough to print it and go through any printer.

I never thought about that, I'm sure it would work with different size paper. Now to go buy some. I wonder if they you can buy a singular one on some sort of tag type paper.

Ben

Phonesrfun

small packages of legal size paper are available at Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, or any other place that sells office supplies.  If you know someone who works in an office, they could probably just give you some sheets of it.  Maybe not on Thanksgiving, though.
-Bill G

TelePlay

Printers, places that print things (not copy) for companies and people, have all types, sizes, colors and weights of paper. You can buy a 11 x 17 off white card stock sheet for a few cents. Up here they are called Heritage Printing. There are others. Google printers in your area. This kind of place . . .

http://www.heritagequalityprinting.com/

ESalter

First, Happy Thanksgiving everybody! 

Second, Ben, you should be able to print it.  The size of the image I emailed you is absolutely huge, but the real thing (sitting here next to me) is only 8.5" x 5".  My recommendation is to play around with the size printing black and white ones on regular paper until you're content that the size is right, then print it on cardstock. 

Another thought.  Some people lightly stain WHITE paper by soaking them in water with a couple coffee grounds.  That might not be a bad idea to do before you print it.  That way where you cut out for the dial and buttons the paper will look a little darker instead of jet white.

---Eric

WesternElectricBen

John and Bill, thank you for your input.

Esalter: Thank you, and I was wondering if thats what you were saying. I will do a couple test prints.. And I should try that paper with coffee grounds.

Happy thanksgiving!
Ben

G-Man

Quote from: Phonesrfun on November 28, 2013, 01:34:59 AM
small packages of legal size paper are available at Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, or any other place that sells office supplies.  If you know someone who works in an office, they could probably just give you some sheets of it.  Maybe not on Thanksgiving, though.

Heh-Heh...

Bill both you and I are living in the past.

Nowadays EVERYONE opens up on Thanksgiving to get a jump on the competition!

Heck, back in October, just before Halloween, our local Wally-World started to stock Christmas decorations.

WesternElectricBen

I would have never thought anything (shops) would be open today.

Ben

baldopeacock

Quote from: TelePlay on November 28, 2013, 02:16:59 AM
Printers, places that print things (not copy) for companies and people, have all types, sizes, colors and weights of paper. You can buy a 11 x 17 off white card stock sheet for a few cents. Up here they are called Heritage Printing. There are others. Google printers in your area. This kind of place . . .

http://www.heritagequalityprinting.com/

Also Staples, Office Depot, etc have in-store print shops these days and lots of paper stock to choose from.   We have recently used both to print invitations on heavier stock and were happy with the results.

Matilo Telephones

Looks great, Ben. It sure looks a lot better than it did.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Spanish_phones

Awesome!!! You're doing a brilliant work restoring it! I'm really excited about seeing it work with the KSU ;)

WesternElectricBen

IƱaki,

Thank you, though as previously discussed, it just won't work with it.

Ben

Spanish_phones

Oooh I'm sorry, I didn't read every post :(

Congratulations! At last you wrote my name in the good way!!! ;)

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Spanish_phones on November 28, 2013, 08:07:28 PM
Oooh I'm sorry, I didn't read every post :(

Congratulations! At last you wrote my name in the good way!!! ;)

Hehe, thanks, I sure am grateful for auto-correct!!

Don't worry, I get quite lazy too.

Ben