News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Clear ITT 564 Keyset on eBay

Started by Babybearjs, January 16, 2015, 01:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK! you guys.... enclosed is a picture of a Kellogg/ITT phone from the 70's.... so why don't we see more of these.... if they can make a 564 this way, then why isin't more of these showing up??
John

Babybearjs

OK, which one of you are throwing money at the ITT/Kellogg 564 clear deskset. it has a date of 1960 and the current bid is $177.00.  the seller is: gantiques and its in the 1940-1969 catagory
John

Doug Rose

Hey John....a link would be great....Doug
Kidphone

andre_janew

I've always thought that clear phones were more of a novelty item than anything.  People who buy them may have a pot smoking friend they want to freak out.  If not, they may just like to see how it works without taking it apart.

Babybearjs

I didn't even know ITT made the 564 in clear... after all, its a business phone... seeing it on ebay is cool.... someone wants it bad enough to pay top dollar.... anyone know if W.E. ever offered this series in a clear format?
John

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

thanks Christian...I couldn't find it. A link is so easy when you are looking at it....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: andre_janew on January 16, 2015, 05:42:01 PM
I've always thought that clear phones were more of a novelty item than anything.  People who buy them may have a pot smoking friend they want to freak out.  If not, they may just like to see how it works without taking it apart.
"A pot smoking friend they want to freak out." Dude?  Really? .....Kidamazed
Kidphone

Babybearjs

So... how much money are you going to throw at it Doug??
John

Doug Rose

John....it's not what I collect, seems perfect for your collection....good luck...Doug
Kidphone

andre_janew

Can't you imagine a guy so high he thinks he has x-ray vision and can see through your phone?

JimHyak

Lots of us collect transparent phones. I believe they originally were made to check the case design, but I understand the sales folks got ahold of them and used them for displays. There's a sticky on transparents: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1928.0
Jim
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

Babybearjs

last check on the auction, the high bid is over $200.00! My high bid is $100.00 and no more. if someone wants it worse then me, then so be it.... I think some of these auctions are crazy the way people throw money at the item. 
John

andre_janew

I often find it hard to believe what some people will pay for a telephone.  There are certain types of telephones that are sought after by collectors and, believe it or not, this must be one of them.

HarrySmith

One question can answer why the price is going up.

When was the last time you saw one of these?

My answer is never. Not in a collection, not at a show, not for sale on eBay or anywhere else!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"