News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Boyz and Girlz, There is a new Kid on the block.

Started by Dan/Panther, February 10, 2010, 02:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

This is the highest priced Black 302 I've seen....
I have studied the photos in detail, this phone is absolutely flawless. And it's not a fluke....
D/P

http://tinyurl.com/yzer6qt (dead link, no images)
http://tinyurl.com/yhgtt3q  (dead link, no images)
http://tinyurl.com/yfkskzj  (dead link, no images)
http://tinyurl.com/y8g3wp4  (dead link, no images)

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

Wow! That's one beautiful 302.  The mirror-like finish on the base is just incredible.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

I posted an active auction without thin king about it, I was just so amazed at the details the seller puts into the phones.
Sorry about that.
D/P

Craig T

Inside and out that is one shiny and damage free phone. A picture perfect 302!

Wallphone

Quote from: Dan/Panther on February 10, 2010, 07:09:39 PM
I posted an active auction without thin king about it, I was just so amazed at the details the seller puts into the phones.
Sorry about that.
D/P

I don't understand this statement. Did you do something taboo?
Dougpav

Dan

Some forum members may like to bid on an active phone. Visitors to the site may notice the active auction , hence driving up the price.a
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Wallphone

It looked like all 4 auctions have been over for quite some time.
But now I see that D/P has edited it, so that must be where the live one was.
Dougpav

Dan/Panther

I perhaps have been the foremost outspoken member, to request that if you see an active auction don't post it. A member may be lurking, hoping for a last minute bargain. So What do I do, Post an active auction. BTW, I didn't remove the link to the live auction, someone else did.
D/P

Wallphone

I agree with NOT posting live auctions.
I just wanted to make sure that I understood the unwritten rule correctly.
Dougpav

Dennis Markham

It wasn't edited by me. 

Early on in Forum history I posted a link to an active auction for a soft plastic set, or some other set that I was pointing out to the new members that were interested in differences in phones.  Someone (I don't remember who) jumped on me for that and that is when the "unwritten rule" began. 

Bill Cahill

Wasn't me either. This is the first time I've looked at this thread. Beutiful phones. Wish I could own one....
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Doug Rose

I'm confused...yet again. If any member posts on the Forum an auction that is LIVE on eBay; doesn't that make a forum member(s) aware of the auction and maybe win it. Getting a phone he/she is looking for. That's bad?  Isn't that why we are here, to let someone know there might be a good phone for them out there? BUT...we should not post it, JUST IN CASE a forum member is lurking to win it with a low bid??? If..... I was the forum member "lurking for the low bid" and I am outbid, that's life baby. I should have bid higher. I have been guilty of posting what I thought were good phones on eBay that were not over. I missed the "unwritten rule." I know I am a newbie here, but If its a rule, no matter how foolish, its should be know by the entire forum. I do disagree with the "unwritten rule," but will abide by it.....Doug
Kidphone

jsowers

This is just a thought, but doesn't the contest where we guess the outcome violate that unwritten rule too? All those phones are posted when still active. I've seen several phones I'd like to bid on featured there. They all went too high for my budget, so I would never have won them, so it's not a sore point with me. So please don't eliminate the contest or anything like that.

To get back to the black 302, the one in the first link, is it supposed to have the word Operator above the 0 or am I thinking of a later dial face? I saw some for bids yesterday that were dated very late and they had it spelled out. This one just has "O" in that space. I'm not that familiar with 302s and all of mine have the 0 and Z there. This one looks different. Is it because it was a military phone? I don't think I've ever seen one of those before.
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

Jonathan, I have not seen a dial plate like that before either.  It almost looks like there was space for the word "operator" that would appear curved over the "0".

With regard to the "unwritten rule" thing.  You're absolutely right Jonathan that contest does violate the alleged unwritten rule.  Even though I referred to it in my earlier posting, it is not officially a "rule" written or otherwise.  When I was called out for making the reference posting I suppose I should have addressed it then.   Perhaps it was prior to when the forum was turned over to me---I don't remember.

I also agree with Doug.  If one wants to win an auction one has to bid enough to cover that auction.  Ebay is open to the world.  The fact that it is mentioned here, even if all 200+ members are interested probably won't affect the sale price.

At any given time I am watching many eBay auctions.  I am not under the impression that I am the only person watching those listings.

I will create a new topic to continue this discussion, so that we don't continue to deviate from this original topic.

Dennis Markham