"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need Help With 1957 500

Started by gands-antiques, November 12, 2015, 12:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Unbeldi:

I don't think Gary was trying to be deceptive at all.  My belief is that he was trying everything he could to isolate the problem based on what he knew, and did not catch the subtlety of the exact position of the cam.  I have dealt with Gary in the past on other phone issues and I know he has the best of intentions.

-Bill G

gands-antiques

Thanks Bill,

I appreciate your clarification and comments.

================================

I have reinstalled the original dial plate and contact set, aligned the cam tab and the phone is working now 100%. 

Thanks to everyone who provided their advice and recommendations with troubleshooting my 1957 500.

Thanks again,
Gary

unbeldi

Quote from: Phonesrfun on November 14, 2015, 09:24:48 PM
Unbeldi:

I don't think Gary was trying to be deceptive at all.  My belief is that he was trying everything he could to isolate the problem based on what he knew, and did not catch the subtlety of the exact position of the cam.  I have dealt with Gary in the past on other phone issues and I know he has the best of intentions.

I made no accusations of bad intentions. That cannot be the matter of discussion. I have myself helped him many times.
I just find it inconceivable, almost an assault on the intelligence of those trying to help,  not telling that he started working on a different dial, without correctly reporting what was done and without answering to several replies that openly wondered about the results reported.  This is very basic. When asking for help, one ought to take the questions and suggestion a little more serious.  This is a two-way street, all newcomers and beginners are treated here with great respect, encouragement, patience, and energy. In return, one could expect a little more diligence.
This is very basic.