News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

One day score

Started by monophone_lover, April 21, 2018, 02:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monophone_lover

the phone gods were smiling this day in Feb 2016 or so...... i found some nice colors.. all from one store.. it was a three story antique shop somewhere in quezon city Philippines (big boxing match happen near by) maroon japan version of the 302.... sweet.. nice day for hunting... sure makes up for the 999 times i went and nothing there...

Rob
ATCA # 4057

wds

Very nice.  I would like to see the red phone after it's polished up.  Do you know who the maker is of the wood phone?  Looks like an AE, but has a WE transmitter on it. 
Dave

monophone_lover

Quote from: wds on April 21, 2018, 09:10:01 AM
Very nice.  I would like to see the red phone after it's polished up.  Do you know who the maker is of the wood phone?  Looks like an AE, but has a WE transmitter on it.

Hi thank you im not sure it looks like a franken phone this often happens here in this part.. as the telephone parts are hard to come by... i remember (prior to learning of this fourm) asking a friend from NEW YORK... he told me all that stuff out there is fake its asia...lol... so i never really looked at it nor checked it out.. its in storage... i remember it having all its parts inside.. however im not expert.. next time i see it i will photo it more see if we can crack the case so to speak..

thanks

Rob
Rob
ATCA # 4057

LarryInMichigan

The fake Asian stuff is replicas of American and European phones.  I doubt that there are replicas of Japanese #4 phones around, but I don't really know what is happening in Asia.  Those Japanese #4 phones were made in a variety of very interesting colors, and they are about as rare as can be here in North America.  I managed to find the in black and ivory, and the ivory one looks like it was exported in the late 1950s to the USA for use on a PABX.  The black one looked like it might have been used at a US military facility in Japan and brought home by someone.

Larry

monophone_lover

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 21, 2018, 11:21:37 PM
The fake Asian stuff if replicas of American and European phones.  I doubt that there are replicas of Japanese #4 phones around, but I don't really know what is happening in Asia.  Those Japanese #4 phones were made in a variety of very interesting colors, and they are about as rare as can be here in North America.  I managed to find the in black and ivory, and the ivory one looks like it was exported in the late 1950s to the USA for use on a PABX.  The black one looked like it might have been used at a US military facility in Japan and brought home by someone.

Larry

Larry

yes i was referring.. to the wood.. but while on the topic of the japan phones... !!!! they have a nile and jade version even a WE orange red...!!! i have found them in abunce here let me post a few photos.. most i have doubles. i turn allot down.. im always open for trade...

i post a few
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

Larry

here are few sorry bad shots.. most are in storage... they are nice

i post these and few others
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

again lighting but there abundant... the red manual cam with a big plug like it was hooked up for an exchange.. they store was in low rent shady area... he wanted 20$ i took pity on him gave him 40$
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

found these online..... i wonder if they have blue there same colors as ours i love the orchid.. i have a intercom its in the photo just painted black i also have one not painted....
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

Quote from: wds on April 21, 2018, 09:10:01 AM

i Have not got around to cleaning them yet.. there seems to be less time in the day now a days...

but if ever i will...
Rob
ATCA # 4057

LarryInMichigan

Those colored #4 phones are quite impressive.  I don't expect to be finding any of them here.

Larry

AE_Collector

Are these NEC? And the model is #4 Larry?

Didn't we have a topic on these in the past with pictures ... maybe I'm thinking of a different make/model.

Terry

LarryInMichigan

As far as I am aware, this phone designed was standardized in 1948 by the Japanese ministry responsible for phone service, and the phone sets were manufactured by numerous manufacturers, include NEC, Fujistu, and Oki.  They were probably used until the 1960s.  These phones have been discussed on the forum at least a few times in the past.

Larry

monophone_lover

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 22, 2018, 12:19:22 PM
As far as I am aware, this phone designed was standardized in 1948 by the Japanese ministry responsible for phone service, and the phone sets were manufactured by numerous manufacturers, include NEC, Fujistu, and Oki.  They were probably used until the 1960s.  These phones have been discussed on the forum at least a few times in the past.

Larry

The names are all correct as the tags on the front collectively state the companies mentioned.  i have to do a search..  i was unaware of the model being called the number 4.. thanks for the info..
Rob
ATCA # 4057