News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help Needed in Deciding to Pursue or Not... Large lot of telephones and parts

Started by Nick in Manitou, March 26, 2018, 09:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Nick...Robbie is correct, it is a SHCouch handset. The mouthpiece looks looks ke an SC and not an AE, but the design resembles an AE...Doug
Kidphone

Nick in Manitou

Thanks Robbie and Doug.  I will keep an eye open for the correct handset as I dig further into the boxes!

Nick

Nick in Manitou

I opened another box today!  Actually, I have been trying to organize things a little bit and have sold some of the more modern stuff and freed up a few cubic feet.
We are putting the house on the market next week...it sure would be great if one of you came out for a visit and brought a trailer to empty the garage with!

The box contained what look like a whole bunch of 'stick (or perhaps some wooden phone) parts. The photos below should give those of you with more knowledge an idea of what is there.  I know that a couple of the contact piles in the lower left of the first photo are repros...the "Made in Taiwan" and "Made in Korea" are dead giveaways, even to me!

Any input I can get about these parts would be welcomed!  I don't know if everyone has a bunch of these or if there are parts there that folks have been trying really hard to find.

Nick

Nick in Manitou

...a couple more photos...

rdelius

Mostly wall but some WE candlestick hooks. I  see AE type 21 hooks including a railroad hook -cup holds watchcase rec on type 21 candlesticks.Also see Kellogg wall hooks including  a grabaphpne wall hook and handset hooks .the switch pile ups are WE
Goldmine of parts .Too bad wooden sets are not as popular as in the past .

Nick in Manitou

Thanks for the feedback!

Next question...

What 'stick is this?

Thanks,
Nick

kleenax

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Nick in Manitou

Here is another request for identification...

This has a wooden mouthpiece (?) and a label stamped into the wood that I was not able to get a satisfactory photo of...it looks to say, "Tourville & C, Universelle, Paris", but it is hard to read due to the grain of the wood making the letters difficult to determine.

I assume that it is a repro of some sort, but before I assume that for sure, I figured that I would ask those who might know...

Nick

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on August 09, 2018, 11:30:48 PM
Here is another request for identification...

This has a wooden mouthpiece (?) and a label stamped into the wood that I was not able to get a satisfactory photo of...it looks to say, "Tourville & C, Universelle, Paris", but it is hard to read due to the grain of the wood making the letters difficult to determine.

I assume that it is a repro of some sort, but before I assume that for sure, I figured that I would ask those who might know...

Nick
I like it.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Nick in Manitou

Robbie!  Doug!  Right again!

I had no idea what I was looking at, but your suggestion that it might be the end of a clarinet made me search for "Tourville clarinet" on the internet and - there it is!  Tourville made clarinets and some other instruments.

I could see that it had been glued where it meets the transmitter at some point and assumed that it was a repair...

A real Frankenphone component!

Thanks for your sharp observation.  A little embarrassing and very funny!

Nick

Doug Rose

Kidphone

HarrySmith

That is probably a good example of what people used to be like. Someone must have broken the mouthpiece on thier phone and repaired it themselves with what they had! Instead of throwing it away or calling the phone company to come out & fix it. Creative & resourceful.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"