What is the year & manufacturer?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

I. Can honestly say, I have never seen a radio like that. But it looks cool. I'm amazed back in the day how much though went into making things to make them look like they belong. Console stereos that looked like furniture TV too.
Now a days black, silver just does seem to fit into any decor, unless you live in a space ship.
KEN

bobv

bobv

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 02, 2019, 05:49:46 PM
Very Cool!
What is the year & manufacturer?

I will check and let you know

bobv

Quote from: Key2871 on January 02, 2019, 07:37:59 PM
I. Can honestly say, I have never seen a radio like that. But it looks cool. I'm amazed back in the day how much though went into making things to make them look like they belong. Console stereos that looked like furniture TV too.
Now a days black, silver just does seem to fit into any decor, unless you live in a space ship.

I agree with you. best part is antique ones still working

TelePlay

Regular Member Post

I've never seen one either but the info for this radio can be found on the RadioMuseum.org web site.

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/guild_town_crier_380_t.html

It was made in the mid 50's by Guild Radio & Television Co. of Inglewood (CA).

It an 8 tube superhet AM/FM radio in a wood case that runs on 115 VAC so it's a much better radio than the early All American 5 series. I'd put this into the 50's novelty radio category, but I may be wrong on that.

bobv

Quote from: TelePlay on January 04, 2019, 02:13:15 AM
     Regular Member Post

I've never seen one either but the info for this radio can be found on the RadioMuseum.org web site.

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/guild_town_crier_380_t.html

It was made in the mid 50's by Guild Radio & Television Co. of Inglewood (CA).

It an 8 tube superhet AM/FM radio in a wood case that runs on 115 VAC so it's a much better radio than the early All American 5 series. I'd put this into the 50's novelty radio category, but I may be wrong on that.

Hi TelePlay,

thank you very much  :)

bobv

19and41

That's interesting.  I didn't know they made a home version of their player.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

bobv

soundsystems

I have a Guild Town Crier also. They made all sorts of clever radios and HIFIs in the 1950s... One looked like a wind up gramophone, another like a spice chest, etc. Most had pretty decent sound quality.