"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Any Switchers out There? Xbar, SxS

Started by ESalter, January 23, 2011, 09:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Quote from: dsk on March 29, 2015, 12:25:14 PM
This is the documentation available, The dial are good, and I have tested several phones on this line, and this phone on other lines. It has to be the inter-digit timer. And I am not able to determine witch capacitor to look for.  Maybe better resolution here? http://tinyurl.com/o9gf5hx

dsk
Looks a little better, but honestly, it's steep curve without access to the equipment to take some measurements.  It may not even be just a capacitor, it could be a failing relay.  The relay logic in switching systems can be daunting.

MADhouseTelephone

MADhouse Telephone is an all Automatic Electric SxS switch with 200 line capacity. I have been working on it as the mood hits me for the last 20 years. It is approximately half operational. Through contacts with many other switchers over the years, I have added various features that few collectors have, such as coin trunks,  test trunks and service measuring equipment. I even use a GTE/Lenkurt T1 channel bank for POTS and C*NET access. Pic and videos can be found under the MADhouse name on Facebook and Youtube.
ADavid, MADhouse Telephone

dsk

I see the TCI logo has problemms to be clear so here it is again.

dsk

dsk

After long time of testing this trunk
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4185.msg82828#msg82828
does not work well any more.  I may put it on line 0 (e.g.) and dial 0 and get dial tone, but have to add dtmf from the dialing telephone.
The pulse decoding did not work and just cuts off the connection.

dsk

dsk

Now, I am trying out with a optocoupler relay, so far it seems to work.  Not a good break make ratio, but it is understood by the Smart1 so I deem it to be good enough. This system will not accept to slow dials, but 10-12 PPS seems to be OK so far.
dsk

dsk

And NO! it does not work good enough, it does not release the line when I hang up. 
Back to the design board  ;)

dsk

dsk

Maybe just a rectifier is all I need?Ill try it out later.

dsk

Looks like it is working now, I really hope the rectifier was what who was needed.  The pulse dialing is accepted bot by dialgizmo and smart1 so I guess it is good enough.

dsk