News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ebaY's "Mr Helpful"

Started by Sargeguy, May 11, 2009, 09:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

Sniping? Heck two of my phones I would not have gotten without sniping...lol. Also I believe sniping helps keep the cost down as your not getting into a bidding war. Like others here I figure my maximum wait and bid. If I get it cool, If not oh well.

Tom, there are deals to be had on 302's. I got one myself as you know. Still waiting for it to arrive( hopefully in one piece). I remember those days when I was young, $20 dollars was alot of money. What you should do  is put maybe a couple of dollars on the side each time you get paid. Slowly save for that 302 you want. Hard to do I know ;D

HobieSport

Bidding wars? We don't need no steenking bidding wars!
I just have my minions do my dirty work.
Take that, "Mr. Helpful".

Dan/Panther

Matt;
Great pix...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Yeah, 20 bucks for a phone, or 20 bucks for a half-tank of fuel for the Caprice, it gets to be tough.  Right now, I'm trying to get a good inventory going and get my duplicates fixed up and start some re-sale on these bad-boys.
- Tom

HobieSport

I'm just wondering if "Mr. Helpful" is sometimes just the articles submitted by Ebayers in the Users and Guides section.

When a seller changes their description and/or pricing, they sometimes say things like "since I first listed this item I have since found out from a helpful Ebayer that..."

Whatever the case, I hope this idle speculation is not helpful to anyone, and I'm still considering calling in the elite special forces:

Bill Cahill

Dear Mr. Helpful:
Will you please kindly help yourself out?
Thank you.......  ;D

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

benhutcherson

302s can certainly be had with patience. I've only bought one online-all the others were local purchases. My first one(with a corner crack) was $5 at a local shop.

I don't really buy all that many phones off of Ebay, as the cost of shipping drives up what would otherwise be a bargain. I'll gladly pay $30 for a 302 locally, provided that it's in decent shape, as a $30 local phone is still cheaper than an Ebay $20 phone.

AET

Dear Mr. Helpful,

Here's a short pier, please take a long walk on it.

Sincerely,

AtomicEraTom
- Tom

HobieSport

Last week I almost bought a very neat affordable telephone to show to everybody.

Then Mr Helpful stepped in.

This time I am waiting.; slightly impatiently.

I promise not to shoot the kindly delivery person.

Sargeguy

QuoteUpdate: A nice ebayer contacted us with this additional info: "This is called a 302 manual desk set." (THX!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320372360624   ( dead link 02-15-21 )
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

Quote from: HobieSport on May 22, 2009, 08:29:09 PM
Last week I almost bought a very neat affordable telephone to show to everybody.

Then Mr Helpful stepped in.

This time I am waiting.; slightly impatiently.

I promise not to shoot the kindly delivery person.

Matt;
If it's UPS, go ahead an shoot, they've probably already ruined the phone.
D/P

HobieSport

Rule #1:

Be friends of local delivery people.

Sargeguy

http://tinyurl.com/nywolf    ( dead link 02-15-21 )
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
Can you chop the URL down a bit ?
D/P

Dennis Markham

If Sargeguy had some text in that posting in addition to the link, I accidentally erased it when I modified the LENGTHY link.